« Brilliant. Just Brilliant. | Main | Selective Outrage and the Catholic Church »

April 02, 2010

A Call for Spiritual Warfare

David Bellavia has the most wonderful post calling for spiritual warfare on behalf of a very seriously wounded Marine named Todd Nicely.
Please go and read it. If you are on Facebook, there is a group organized on his behalf as well.

Most of all, please send your positive thoughts and prayers to Todd and his family. They are needed and we know from past experiences that they work. They really do.

Posted by at April 2, 2010 12:17 PM

Comments

Sending the Guardian Angel detachment with the prayers.

They'll remain until relieved in place...

Posted by: BillT at April 2, 2010 01:24 PM

Thanks, Bill!

Posted by: Carrie at April 2, 2010 01:43 PM

Prayers here. For healing and comfort for the family. For the doctors and staff that are helping in this battle; their hands, hearts and minds be one and will be guided by the Master Healer.

Posted by: Cricket at April 2, 2010 01:51 PM

Done.

Posted by: Cassandra at April 2, 2010 01:51 PM

Right with you.

Posted by: Texan99 at April 2, 2010 03:16 PM

May the love of our Heavenly Father, together with those of his saints everywhere, be magnified through the prayers of all concerned for this precious Marine. Lift up his family and friends and heal this young warrior to your glory in Jesus name.

Posted by: ziobuck at April 2, 2010 05:26 PM

Imus Guest This Morning, Jason Mattera author of ÔÇťObama Zombies, How The Liberal Machine Brainwashed My Generation. Who will inspire young Republicans. I enjoyed the interview video posted.

Posted by: keyboard jockey at April 2, 2010 05:49 PM

Yes I read it, my nephew is a new Navy recruit and at Sub School right now, his father retired Air Force. My husband is a 27 year Army Veteran who is in Kabul, Afghanistan working as an American Contractor for the State Department. His brother is active Army Officer. My nephew decorated Army Sargent for liberating Kuwait, my brother in law a retired Col Air Force, my father in law retire W3 Amry. My father was an Army Vet From WWII, My Grandfather was a Marine and he served in WWI so excuse me for feeling like I have something in common with the people who post here. I left my link, because the subject was about "Brainwashing" This topic was about "Spiritual Warfare"

Posted by: keyboard jockey at April 3, 2010 09:29 AM

????

Posted by: Carrie at April 3, 2010 11:36 AM

I have removed you from my blog list, I have no intention of leaving another link at this blog.

You think you are singularly feeling the stress and pressure from having a family member in the WAR ZONE? My husband doesn't even get a weapon to defend himself with. He does get to put on his armor, and go into lock down when some sh1tbird blows something up that blows the windows out of his compound. This is what my husband get's to drive around in Afghanistan when they can drive around because The Kabul Police are corrupt and they are confiscating our Armored Trucks.

Let's see how does my post relate to a wounded Marine....Imus was in the Marine Corp., Imus is an advocate for all U.S.Military, he was integral in raising the funds for not 1 but 2 privately funded hospitals- turned over to the Government to fill the need of our wounded coming home. The First In San Antonio, and in his own words that filled up so fast with our wounded service members with head trauma, and amputees etc...there was a need for a second, and there was no time to wait for our Government to fill the need- for the wounded coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Imus blew the lid of Walter Reed Hospital, when the brass were blaming the wounded in their hospital rooms for causing pest infestations and mold. Imus promotes and contributes to Fisher house to help families of wounded U.S. Military Service members while their wounded are rehabilitating and recovering.

The first video is of Jason Mattera speaking to the generation that voted for Obama, because Obama provided them with free Dave Matthews concerts etc... and compared them to their counterparts their Grandparents and Great Grandparents who were fighting the NAZIS when they were their age.

I would say they left some people out of the conversation all the people from the same generation who have enlisted and are serving their country - I would have added the contrast.

I removed your comments, because I am not interested in the least in getting into a pissing contest with you.

Your Marine has all my support and prayers.

Posted by: keyboard jockey at April 3, 2010 02:34 PM

Someone is reading my comments here on this post, and accusing me of spamming this blog, leaving comments on my post.

Since I have been reading this blog since the Winter Soldiers, you all did a great job on the Beauchamp Chronicles. I did not see my leaving links to what I "Thought" were related topics as spamming.

Posted by: keyboard jockey at April 3, 2010 02:50 PM

"There are people who support wounded Marines they just don't support them with only their Prayers. Including myself."

Lady, I don't know who you are or what you are trying to do or even what the hell you are talking about right now but that comment from you shows that you do not know me or Cassandra.

At all.

Posted by: Carrie at April 3, 2010 02:56 PM

Who exactly was making comments at your site?
I went and only saw the one comment from you.

Also, do you think maybe this isn't the most appropriate place for having an argument?
I mean..this post and the comments WERE about a very seriously wounded Marine who lies in a hospital bed RIGHT NOW with his family and friends keeping vigil.

Posted by: Carrie at April 3, 2010 03:09 PM

I don't want to have an argument at all, that's my point. "I removed the comments" because I don't want to argue. Maybe someone is feeling stress maybe someone is looking for release to vent. I certainly can understand someone having stress with loved ones in the war zone, and coming home wounded from the both wars.

This is my last comment here, so whoever it was that thinks I am some kind of spammer - I'm not, and You Win, and I put my blog on moderation.

My best to you all, and I hope all your loved ones stay safe.

Posted by: keyboard jockey at April 3, 2010 03:53 PM

Look up. Does any one doubt...that there is such thing...as...Spiritual Warfare?

Posted by: ziobuck at April 3, 2010 04:30 PM

I sure as heck believe in it. I would never have asked if I didn't.
And thank you...ALL of you.

Posted by: Carrie at April 3, 2010 04:38 PM

Count me in. Thanks Carrie - adding my prayers to the covering for this Marine. I can't imagine anyone better to organize the prayer warriors than you.

Posted by: Deb at April 3, 2010 11:05 PM

I am not sure what is going on here, but can everyone please take a big step back and let's revisit this in the morning... whatever it is?

Posted by: Cassandra at April 3, 2010 11:14 PM