« Avoiding the Arrogance of Excellence is the Beginning of Wisdom | Main | Must See of the Day »

April 15, 2010

Love Story

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, nor self-seeking, nor easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

Thanks to C. McH

Posted by Cassandra at April 15, 2010 02:13 PM

Comments

I think that this story is a touching and timely allegory for the current relationship between the Republican Party and the Tea Party Movement.

BTW, I wonder whatever could have caused the little doggie to suddenly "suffer a spinal cord injury?"

Woof.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 15, 2010 02:26 PM

And I'll bet neither of them have fish-breath.

Posted by: BillT at April 15, 2010 02:52 PM

*snort*

Posted by: Cassandra at April 15, 2010 03:14 PM

Animals are cool, unless they are trying to eat or hurt me or my loved ones (or someone else, for that matter); we like animals.

Posted by: I Call BS at April 15, 2010 03:43 PM

I have seen more video about these two on another site somewhere. Not hard to like, at all. I am an elephant fan (spectacular creatures!) and have been since reading Dr. Ian Douglas-Hamilton's work in high school. And who can not like dogs? There is some heartbreak coming for the elephant, though. Elephants have a lifespan measured in the multiples for a dog. It will be sad as elephants do morn family members and loved ones.I hope she doesn't have to face that for a long time, though. For amazing work, check out Mrs, Daphne Sheldrick's work with elephant orphans in Kenya. Wonderful lady.

Posted by: Barry at April 15, 2010 03:57 PM