« Brave New World | Main | Templates »

May 19, 2010

What Your Pets Do All Day....

... when you're at work.

Posted by Cassandra at May 19, 2010 11:34 AM

Comments

I do that sometimes. It's quite pleasant to put your head in a bag and pretend the whole world's gone away. Very therapeutic; I recommend it to everyone.

If it catches on, I'm considering producing my own line of 'Escape the World' bags (Escape Bags?) in various sizes, colors, and with appropriate ventilation for breathing and, say, drinking a margarita. I could even put out a specialty line of 'Escape Bags for the Claustrophobic.'

Posted by: tom at May 19, 2010 01:04 PM

*snort*

Posted by: Cassandra at May 19, 2010 01:12 PM

Cats are weird.

We have three.

Go figure. That's a clue.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at May 19, 2010 01:25 PM

That cat has leveled up and is now more intelligent.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 19, 2010 01:45 PM

But, Tom, are they GREEN?

Then there was the cat who flushed the toilet..

What amazed me about that video is that cats use their whiskers to sense the air...sort of like a second nose and a thermometer. My cats have refused to walk through a door that would not accommodate the width of their whiskers, so to see this cat do it with a bag on his head is remarkable.

The vid was funny though...

Posted by: Cricket at May 19, 2010 02:18 PM

Cat's whiskers are usually about as wide as they are. So if a door isn't wide enough to accomodate their whiskers it probably isn't wide enough for the cat.

Of course clipping a cat's whiskers to abuse this fact (not to mention the cat) would be ... naughty.

BWU HAHAHAHAHAHA! >:-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 19, 2010 02:51 PM

Tell that top bagged cat,
that he shouldn't be about.

He shouldn't be here,
when your mother is out.

My apologies to Carlos K. Krinklebein.

Posted by: Boquisucio at May 19, 2010 04:13 PM

Cricket,

Sure, Green is no problem. Tag printing is cheap.

I can even have a line, say, Crude Black, for those who hate greenies, with proceeds going to cornering the market on patchouli and eliminating that scent forever.

Posted by: tom at May 19, 2010 04:44 PM

Recycling as well? Count me in.

Posted by: Cricket at May 19, 2010 05:49 PM

No one caught the bad grammar? "...walk through a door...." Sheesh. Allow me to amend: "walk between the door that is ajar and the frame."

It has been late and I have one assignment left; to fill out a fictitious tax return. I am down to fumes here...

Heh.

Posted by: Cricket at May 19, 2010 05:51 PM

Through the doorway! Coming through

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 20, 2010 12:01 AM

Notice how the cat didn't like the bag at first and then got it off. Then he rethought things and reproduced the exact sequence of actions that got the bag on his head in the first place.

Maybe being ruled by cats is going to end up with Smarter Politics than the rats running in DC.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at May 20, 2010 11:20 AM

Love the cat-bag. The toilet-flushing cat is a classic, too, and I've always enjoyed the dog who slid down the water slide into the family pool over and over.

Posted by: Texan99 at May 20, 2010 11:40 AM

No pets at "La Casa de Camo", therefore it's a moot issue.

Posted by: camojack at May 21, 2010 01:19 AM

I'll bet the critter was just playing, a la
"Blind Man's Buff (Bluff)" or "Marco Polo". Kids have fun trying to use their other senses when one sense is artificially taken away. :)

Posted by: ziobuck at May 22, 2010 12:08 PM

Our first dog, Penny, loved riding on the toboggan. He always had to sit right up front and when we reached the bottom of the hill, he would leap off, barking, and run back to the top to do it again. He also loved the 4th of July and all the fireworks - anything that made loud bangs was great (and he wasn't even a hunting dog).

Posted by: Oh Hell at May 23, 2010 10:03 PM