« For Carrie | Main | A Few Bones to Pick »

August 15, 2010

Barack Obama: Man of the People

In the midst of an otherwise gushing article in the WaPo, snark rears its ugly head:

Michelle Obama just returned from Spain with Sasha. And there was the Maine weekend, when the family escaped to a tiny seaside town in the cool air of the upper Northeast. And earlier, the family spent a couple of days at a fancy North Carolina resort that has hosted presidents for 100 years.

The Obamas took in Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon earlier this year. But it is Martha's Vineyard -- haven of the rich and powerful -- that appears to have the most appeal. Obama and his family vacationed there last August for a week, and they are returning this summer for 10 days.

Lest you think the Post is being too hard on the Obamas, it could have been worse. Far worse.

Posted by Cassandra at August 15, 2010 08:55 AM

Comments

...it could have been worse. Far worse.

That's not far worse.

Far worse is what my disabled vet buddies have been saying...

Posted by: BillT at August 15, 2010 11:02 AM

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Making my own cakes, and eating them. Well, I try to limit it to one slice per cake. 0 is just showing his class, style, and grace.

Posted by: htom at August 15, 2010 12:03 PM

htom, at first I read that as "zero", not the letter... Of course, that does also seem to be the score for his "class, style and grace"...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at August 15, 2010 02:32 PM

It is, though, entirely consistent with the attitude of the Patrician class toward us unwashed, ignorant plebes.

To paraphrase an Eqyptian guide's remark to Indiana Jones: "Peasants. Very dangerous. You go first."

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at August 15, 2010 02:41 PM

Miss Ladybug -- You are a very observant person.

Posted by: htom at August 15, 2010 03:43 PM

Just an obvious observation....BHO needs to defecate or remove himself from the vitreous basin.

We now need to send him over to bow and grovel here:

No Madeline Notsobrite to send and eat cake with Mentally Il Jung.

Posted by: kbob in Katy at August 15, 2010 09:04 PM

htom, that was the first thing that went through my airy head when I read the article. The second?

"Oh, the humanity!" How terrible for the O clan to deal with the stultifying heat of the Gulf...the mess, and the people. It took courage. Real courage, to say that.

*sniff*

Posted by: Cricket at August 15, 2010 11:37 PM

Ummm...yeah. Hypocrisy much?

Posted by: camojack at August 16, 2010 01:23 AM

The ruling class isn't even pretending to be ordinary people anymore.

Posted by: Cousin Dave at August 16, 2010 10:13 AM

They never did pretend. People just were satisfied with the pap and kept talking about how Ted Kennedy was a lion of a Man because he defended his rapist cousin and dunked a woman dead in his car while drunk on power.

They hear "polansky" and they think "wow, I want to be like him, with the women and mansions". Their brains literally don't process anything that they aren't allowed to process by their plantation masters.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 16, 2010 12:59 PM

Whoa. This is worse.

Got the link from the kaydets, who told me they've got my back if I want to go to DC and kick some butt...

Posted by: BillT at August 17, 2010 09:37 AM

A man? As if.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 17, 2010 11:09 AM

Bill, you know it is bad when the Chinese see us losing face.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 17, 2010 11:37 AM

The language in the video is mandarin.

Given that the Chinese is prejudiced against blacks, they don't mean anything good when they said "America's first black President".

You get the sense that the Chinese think blacks are lazy and stupid, compared to whites.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 17, 2010 11:46 AM

Did you tell em that Americans have national guard armories all over that can be raided to arm up a hit on DC?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 17, 2010 11:48 AM