« Virginia's Challenge to ObamaCare and the History of the New Deal | Main | Goats! »

August 04, 2010

Blessed Relief for the Oink Cadre

Gentlemen, the gods of the Intertubes have heard your piteous cries of anguish.

The next time the Little Woman asks [batting eyelashes innocently], "Does this dress make my butt look big?", send her here.

Via David Foster

Posted by Cassandra at August 4, 2010 08:02 AM

Comments

Thanks, Cassandra. I thought it was a creative idea...several other such at my cool startup stories thread. (The link you posted to my site doesn't go directly to the story due to a Blogger archiving problem I've been unable to solve)

A question for the estrogen contingent here, though: Would you actually *use* such a site? A high % of the women I know have enough confidence (or overconfidence) in their fashion judgments to feel little need for advice from others, either virtual others or real-life others..

Posted by: david foster at August 4, 2010 10:14 AM

I wouldn't, because I value the opinions of people I know and trust over people I don't know. I was trying to decide whether to comment more on this. Maybe I will :p

Posted by: Cassandra at August 4, 2010 10:16 AM

Sorry Honey, no fair blaming the dress. :-)

Posted by: Onda Couch at August 4, 2010 11:54 AM

"Does this dress make my butt look big?"

You say that like it's a *bad* thing!

Posted by: Sir Mix Alot at August 4, 2010 11:56 AM

*smoldering Valentino look*

"You're wearing a dress. Why are you still wearing a dress?"

Posted by: BillT at August 4, 2010 01:36 PM

Oddly enough, that's what The Unit usually says :p

Posted by: Cassandra at August 4, 2010 01:41 PM

/Husband caught in spotlight look/ "Dear, it makes your butt look perfect!"

Posted by: htom at August 4, 2010 01:57 PM

Oddly enough, that's what The Unit usually says

I hope he has better luck carrying off the smoldering Valentino look. It's *hard* to get blue eyes to smolder...

Posted by: BillT at August 4, 2010 02:20 PM

Nah, it ain't the dress.

Posted by: camojack at August 5, 2010 01:15 AM

Being deployed means you never have to sleep on the couch...

Posted by: BillT at August 5, 2010 02:16 AM

...until you get back.

Posted by: BillT at August 5, 2010 02:16 AM

Maybe you should say, "women will be envious of that butt, I think".

That would do the trick... wouldn't it?

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 5, 2010 12:28 PM