« Major Schadenfreude Alert | Main | Coffee Snorter »

August 31, 2010

Misandry Alert

Proof that women are naturally evil:

Sperm plays a more complicated role in the mating game than first thought, researchers at Australia's University of Adelaide said Wednesday.

Professor Sarah Robertson, from the University's Robinson Institute, said sperm "communicates" with the female reproductive tract and helps prepare the female body for nurturing a fetus. If the female system does not approve of the sperm's message, it could attack them.

"We have discovered that sperm doesn't just fertilize an egg," Robertson said. "It actually contains signaling molecules that are responsible for activating immune changes in women so they can accept a foreign substance in the body — in this case, sperm — leading to conception and a healthy pregnancy."

Researchers found that, similar to humans, not all male sperm is good at communicating and some female bodies have very high standards.

"The male provides the information that increases the chance of conception and progression to pregnancy, but the female body has a quality-control system which needs convincing that his sperm is compatible and also judges whether the conditions are right for reproducing," Robertson said.

I'm sure I'll go straight to Hell for finding this amusing, but I can't help it. I'm just wired that way.

Posted by Cassandra at August 31, 2010 08:42 AM

Comments

...not all male sperm is good at communicating and some female bodies have very high standards.

OK, somebody owes me a new monitor!

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at August 31, 2010 11:20 AM

I was just howling when I read that :p

Posted by: Cassandra at August 31, 2010 11:52 AM

"Excuse me, but could you please direct me to the -"

"HIYEEEEEEEEEEE-YAAAAAAH!"

Posted by: BillT at August 31, 2010 02:04 PM

OMG. I don't know how I can laugh with tears still running down my face, but that did it. You're the best :)

Posted by: Cassandra at August 31, 2010 02:08 PM

"If the female system does not approve of the sperm's message, it could attack them."

So apparently PMS starts a whole lot *earlier* in life than thought.
Hmmm...wonder if I can use that, "No, Honey, I didn't say that! Musta been one of the milion or so eggs I still have that just said, 'Kiss my a$$.'"
0>;~}