« Random Gender Related Rants | Main | WEIRD Sampling Bias Skews Social Science Research »

August 17, 2010

Quote of the Day

“I can promise you, Homocon 2010 will be a hell of a lot more fun than chaining yourself to the White House fence,”

OK, that was sidebar worthy...

And get a load of some of the sponsors. That giant "boom" you just heard is the sound of a thousand heads exploding. Too funny!

Posted by Cassandra at August 17, 2010 11:04 AM

Comments

"Our gays are more macho than their straights."

I don't care who you are, *that* is funny.

Posted by: BillT at August 17, 2010 11:23 AM

Putting the "Log" in Log Cabin Republicans, I see.

Posted by: Boquisucio at August 17, 2010 11:32 AM

Any chance of their holding a photo shoot in front of the Ground Zero Mosque?

Posted by: vet66 at August 17, 2010 12:59 PM

Cassandra, I hate Dr. Pepper nasal washes. My screen, my keyboard...a mess. The one time I forget the Blog Reading Supplies, and all helk breaks loose.

Posted by: Cricket at August 17, 2010 08:02 PM

I would pay real money to see that if I didn't fear for their safety, vet66. I am sure that somehow reveals my intolerance.

*sigh*

Posted by: Cassandra at August 17, 2010 08:14 PM

I was going to put a shockingly crude double entendre, but decided I did not need to be smacked.

Another one of those things I do not understand. But then, I equate it with beastiality and other deviant practices.

What I despise more than most anything else are the demands of that community for special rights, privileges and protections. It's like "hate crimes." Another oxymoron. If I am dong something to hurt you, I sure don't love you....

Posted by: kbob in Katy at August 17, 2010 09:50 PM

I realize this is a difficult topic for some of you. I do understand that, just as I understand that in some cases my sensibilities (not to mention my sense of humor) may differ from yours. So I appreciate your willingness to abide by the rules here, kbob.

All I can say is that I've known so many fine people who are gay. I don't care what people do in private, or who they love. I care about their character and for me, sexual orientation isn't a character issue. But we're not going to settle that one in this lifetime.

In all fairness I have never known the folks over at Gay Patriot to argue for special rights conditioned on their sexual orientation. It is true that I haven't read everything written over there and there are multiple authors, but I can't think of anything I've *ever* read over there that has given me heartburn. I do remember several posts that were so lucidly reasoned that they made me wish I'd written them.

I think that sometimes we are in danger of not seeing the forest (all gays - a group of folks who are just as diverse in their political beliefs as straights) for the trees (activists and identity politicians who make so much noise that they drown out the quieter, more reasoned voices).

I hope that some of you will drop over there and read from time to time if you don't already. You might be surprised :)

Posted by: Cassandra at August 17, 2010 10:24 PM

Blacks are also diverse, but their group behavior doesn't account for it because they are still on the plantation, to the tune of 95% of the total black whatever pop. Gays are still on the plantation, and Gay Patriot is an example of those who left the plantation.

Liberating slaves requires more than removing the physical shackles. You must also remove the mental and cultural shackles that the slaves themselves hold to. For without that, they cannot produce a better future regardless of their individual desires. For the group will still stay the course of entropy.

It is not so much that activists and identity politicians drown out other voices, but that they co-opt and overpower them. This control is real. It is not simply a superficial distinction brought on by free speech.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 18, 2010 07:42 AM