« Today in "Teddy Bears in the News..." | Main | More Crushing of UnAmerican Dissent »

August 18, 2010

"The Peasants Are Revolting!", Redux

Reader Glenn Sutherland sends:

Since you were writing about narcissism awhile back, I thought you might find these billboards interesting. Sometime during last winter, the Marxist sign went up and was then replaced about a month ago by the Narcissist billboard. It's on southbound I-29 about half way between St. Joseph and Kansas City and I drive past it on my way home from work every day. These are very large, high quality, high visibility billboards (and not cheap, I'm sure). I've not seen photos of either billboard on any of the "major" blog sites.

Marxist Sign.jpg

Narcissist Sign.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Obamas' vacation spot of choice, more civil unrest:

“Last year, Obama gave you goose bumps, but I don’t think you’re going to see that this year,” said Alex McCluskey, co-owner of the Locker Room, who sold more than 4,000 “I vacationed with Obama’’ T-shirts last year. But so far this year, he said, his hot item is T-shirts of former President Bush asking, “Miss me yet?”

It would seem that Obama Everywhere is something less than an unqualified success. Dang.

Posted by Cassandra at August 18, 2010 11:53 AM

Comments

Marxissist.

Posted by: john at August 18, 2010 05:14 PM

Just saw this one on a trip to Florida:

Posted by: Grumpy Old Ham at August 18, 2010 06:35 PM

I saw one on I-85 the other day that said "Had Enough Change?" The "C" in "Change" was a Communist hammer and sickle.

The next billboard said, "Let's go Hajj! Call for tour group rates!"

The third one had an F-16, and was calling on people to stand up for Israel.

Atlanta's going to be an interesting place pretty soon now.

Posted by: Grim at August 18, 2010 07:22 PM

I'd like to see one that says:

"Dump Israel Now."

Or,

"No More Jew Wars."

Or,

"Unseat the Jews from Power."

Posted by: Jane Sampson at August 18, 2010 10:32 PM

Sign o' de times?

Posted by: camojack at August 19, 2010 03:53 AM

Or how about, Anti-Semitic bigots are a waste of skin and oxygen?

Posted by: StandWithIsrael at August 19, 2010 04:55 AM

I'd like to see one that says "Jane Sampson is a moron."

What is your problem with the evil Joooooooooos? Care to elaborate? Be clear and concise so we can understand your feelings of pathetic inadequacy while espousing your tolerance of a system that would execute homosexuals for their beliefs, stone to death female adulters (after a fair trial in which some religious supremacist has decided that he is god), treats women as chattel, "allows" women the choice of wearing a bhurka with no other option....please, explain to me where the evil Jooooos do those things.

Let's keep it about the here and now. Not 50 years ago, not 500 years ago, not the 7th century AD, although the religion of peace has remained unchanged since then.

I hear Rachel Corrie is looking for a few morons to join her. Position one is open. Please waste no more time and RUN to fill that slot!

I love defending the right of morons to be morons. Thanks Jane. You are truly a floater just waiting for a flush.

K

PS - Sorry Cassandra. People like Jane are just more than I can handle before coffee and my first magazine of 5.56mm.

Posted by: kbob in Katy at August 19, 2010 07:20 AM

I knew a Jane Simpson once.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at August 19, 2010 10:24 AM

Yes, she can go work in the back. A dress code is for all. If you don't like it, go work - as the Vice President said - in a Dunkin' Donuts shop.

These cretins are really pushing me today.

Posted by: kbob in katy at August 19, 2010 02:33 PM

I think they would have liked to have used the other N word.

Posted by: st Joe queer at October 15, 2010 12:12 AM