« Why Conservatives are "Racist" | Main | Convergence »

September 13, 2010

Karma is a Bitch

Sometimes, the comedy just writes itself:

Here's a thing that I didn't know at the time. When Hillary won New Hampshire, she became the first woman in American history to win a primary. I mean, I sort of knew that, of course, what she was doing was historic. But this was a massive thing, a change in 220 years of presidential history. I didn't know, and it was my job to know.

And I went back and looked at the New York Times article that sort of summed up the events the next day: Hillary Clinton and McCain win New Hampshire. The article goes into great detail about her crying and all that. But it doesn't mention that this was the first time in American history that a woman had won a presidential primary.

There were lots of smaller things, too. When I tell people about the NPR producer who compared Hillary to Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction," people would say "What?! Somebody said that?!"

Oh please.... next I suppose you'll try to convince me that the Times has agenda. And I think we all know that's just silly.

Posted by Cassandra at September 13, 2010 01:54 PM

Comments

What they *meant* by that was, "What?! Is he still running loose?!"

Posted by: BillT at September 13, 2010 02:37 PM

I just *howled* when I read that. The sad thing is, I believe it.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 13, 2010 03:06 PM

Be thankful they didn't compare her to Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct, although that might have been more accurate, rhetorically speaking of course.

Posted by: vet66 at September 13, 2010 09:50 PM

Be thankful they didn't compare Hillary to Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. It would have been more accurate, rhetorically speaking, if they had though.

Posted by: vet66 at September 13, 2010 09:52 PM

...rhetorically speaking...

I'm *so* glad you added that caveat, else there wouldn't have been sufficient bleach in Iraq to cleanse the visual from my eyes...

Posted by: BillT at September 14, 2010 05:41 AM

That's what the napalm is for, Bill.

Posted by: Ymarsakar at September 14, 2010 12:37 PM

Nah - Karma is Virgin... A Bitch is too easy.

Posted by: Boquisucio at September 14, 2010 02:40 PM

Actually, if we're gonna go there, karma is a whore, because when all is said and done *someone* is getting screwed.
0>;~}