October 29, 2010
Fundraising Ideas Shamelessly Swiped From Cassandra's Post Last Year
I know times are tight. Believe me, we're counting pennies here too.
I started to write a post about alternative fundraising ideas that get groups and organizations involved when I remembered that Cassandra had already done that last year.
Now, I love Valour IT and especially the Marine Team but I am not a fan of re-inventing the wheel.
So again, mostly Cassandra's words (with some adjusting for circumstances this year) but they still ring true a year later.
1. If you have cross posting privileges, ask if you can cross post or - better yet - post a donation widget on other sites you belong to.
Joining the Marine team is a click away.
2. Reach out to churches, Scout troops, and other civic organizations. This is a great way to reconnect the civilian community with our armed forces.
3. If your corporation or employer matches donations, PLEASE ASK THEM TO MATCH FUNDS. Again, this is a HUGE multiplier for us. I asked my boss yesterday and I hate asking for anything.
4. If you have connections in the print media, TV or radio, ask them to cover Valour IT and especially the MARINE TEAM! The history of Valour IT makes a fantastic human interest story and the interservice rivalry aspect only makes it better.
5. You can make a donation in memory of someone on the official donation site. This was not an option last year but it is this year.
If you would like to share with me your memories of the individual, please click on my name in the comment section of this post. If you're amenable to the idea, I could put up a post about your loved one or friend. People who know me know that I am all about the remembering. It's our duty.
6. Don't forget asking your readers to promote Valour IT (and the MARINE TEAM) on social networking venues like the Tweetosphere and FaceBook-o-sphere.
Go Marine Corps. Beat Army!!!
Posted by at October 29, 2010 05:01 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
In Memory Of.
Posted by: Carrie at October 29, 2010 06:00 PM
You gals are the absolute best.
Posted by: Neutral Attorney at October 30, 2010 01:18 PM
Posted by: Carrie at October 31, 2010 10:34 AM
Can you say "swiped" if it's technically still at the same place? I mean, it can't be "swiped" if it's still *there* (just in another room, so to speak), right?
Jus', yanno, axin'....
Posted by: DL Sly at November 1, 2010 07:55 AM
Great ideas, we do the same thing ourselves at JustFundraising.com
Check it out today and order the free sample kit:
Posted by: mregina at November 1, 2010 09:30 AM
Posted by: Carrie at November 1, 2010 02:23 PM
Jeeezzzz, try to give ya plausible deniability fit for a Peerezident -- in case the Princess comes back and notices one of her peas is missing -- and that's the thanks I get.
Posted by: DL Sly at November 1, 2010 05:31 PM
Heh....the Princess is okay with the missing pea but thanks for the plausible deniability.
Posted by: Carrie at November 1, 2010 07:04 PM