« We Shall Not See His Like Again... | Main | Dads' Opinions Wanted »

October 27, 2010

Some Days You Just Can't Win

cub.jpg

OK, so the Princess is feeling a bit down today. But at least I didn't have the kind of day this little guy had.

Posted by Cassandra at October 27, 2010 04:06 PM

Comments

Thanks, Cass--I have had a few hundred like that muself

Posted by: rick at October 27, 2010 04:59 PM

Yeah, sometimes I throw the cats in a pool of water when I'm having a bad day too. :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at October 27, 2010 05:10 PM

I like the way his little ears are laid flat against his head.

I have felt like that a lot lately. My tail is twitching, too :p

Posted by: Cassandra at October 27, 2010 05:24 PM

I like the way his little ears are laid flat against his head.

I have felt like that a lot lately. My tail is twitching, too :p

Heh. Me, too. :) Lots of good things happening lately, some stressors that test me, too. :P

Posted by: FbL at October 27, 2010 06:32 PM

In Russia, cats throw YOU in water and make YOU swim. Bwahahaha!

Now, bring me Moose and Squirrel!

Posted by: Czar Brouhaha at October 27, 2010 07:46 PM

His expression tells me that he's going to remember who did this to him, and his payback won't be polite when he's bigger.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at October 27, 2010 07:54 PM

Czar Brouhaha reminds me of a joke.

Countess Maria Bolkonskaya celebrates her 50th anniversary, the whole local Hussar regiment is invited, and the Countess boasts about her presents. "Cornet Obolensky presented me a lovely set of 50 Chinese fragrant candles. I loved them so much that I immediately stuck them into the 7 seven-branch candlesticks you see on the table. Quite fortunate numbers! Unfortunately there is one candle left, and I don't know where to stick it..." — The whole Hussar regiment takes a deep breath... And the Hussar Colonel barks out: "Hussars, not a word!!!"

Posted by: Grim at October 27, 2010 08:04 PM

awww, they are so sweet... and yes, I am looking at them as "the cute pup in the water" :o)
Grim, sounds MUCH better in Russian :o)
Cass, (((hugs)))

Posted by: olga at October 27, 2010 09:34 PM

Grim, sounds MUCH better in Russian

Huh. I thought Grim was pronounced the same in both languages.

Different inflection on the vowel, maybe?

Posted by: BillT at October 28, 2010 01:41 AM

It's the roll of the *r* that gives it that Eastern bloc schwaggah.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 28, 2010 08:44 AM

How to give a kitteh a bath. Kevlar gloves, leather...

I liked his paws and ears. He just looks like he needs to go to his mama for a licking.

Posted by: Cricket at October 28, 2010 09:47 PM

Cricket,
speaking of licking, every time my mom washed her hair, our late cat would come and lick her hair... very diligently... with a "poor-wet-you" expression on his face...

Posted by: olga at October 28, 2010 11:00 PM

Aww. That is priceless! Trying to dry her off.
That is what makes a pet so priceless; what they give to you of themselves.

I am sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Cricket at October 29, 2010 09:09 AM