« Dept. of Thinly Veiled Threats | Main | Bonus Points »

October 04, 2010

Uh Oh...

Maybe there's some point to this communication thing after all:

... there was a gap in perceptions — 85 percent of the men said their latest sexual partner had an orgasm, while only 64 percent of the women reported having an orgasm in their most recent sexual event.

Posted by Cassandra at October 4, 2010 11:53 AM

Comments

I was pleasantly surprised at the statistic for 17 year old males who have had sex in the last year. My first thought was "Only 40%?" My second thought was, "How many of them are telling the truth?"

And finally, I thought that the most awesome thing about that number is having a kid say, "But everyone is doing it!" and being able to reply, "Nuh uh! Not even HALF of everybody!"

Posted by: airforcewife at October 4, 2010 12:06 PM

Perhaps the 85/64 split isn't a problem in perception. Maybe that 85% of men all had sex with the same 64% of women - leaving the other 15% of men to dis-satisfy the remaining 36% of women.

Or perhaps it's not that some of those 85% of men are lacking in perception but rather were, shall we say, less than honest with the interviewer.

Posted by: Elise at October 4, 2010 12:20 PM

I'd love to address this issue, but I really have to get back to my fan mail...

*koff*

...both letters.

From KtLW.

Posted by: BillT at October 4, 2010 01:57 PM

I'll get right on that, Bill...

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at October 4, 2010 02:03 PM

If you're keeping score, you're losing. Make your partner happy, and she'll do the same. Not hard. Well, hard or not!

Posted by: htom at October 4, 2010 02:12 PM

No fair making me inhale my drink :)

Posted by: Cassandra at October 4, 2010 02:16 PM

Having a ginormous codpiece always helps.:)

Posted by: a former european at October 4, 2010 03:49 PM

The Ginormous Codpiece works its way into so many conversations here at VC :p

That is because we ladies are helpless before its magnificence.... right, Cricket?

*running away*

Posted by: Cassandra at October 4, 2010 03:54 PM

Ah. Same effect as the 27-inch zipper on the flight suit, then.

Posted by: BillT at October 4, 2010 04:00 PM

Precisely, amigo.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 4, 2010 04:07 PM

But nothing tops the electric blue thong.....if it's being worn right, that is.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 4, 2010 05:36 PM

She noted there was a gap in perceptions — 85 percent of the men said their latest sexual partner had an orgasm, while only 64 percent of the women reported having an orgasm in their most recent sexual event.

He noted that 36% of the female respondents acheived multiple orgasms in their most recent sexual encounter while 85% of the men involved only got one out of the deal.

Gender equality NOW!

Posted by: spd rdr at October 4, 2010 05:49 PM

Knowing how much satisfaction you gentlemen get from a challenge, we ladies are happy to oblige by providing what's needed to lift your spirits.

Women... we are all about the giving :p

Posted by: Cassandra at October 4, 2010 09:29 PM

Spirits?

You're stealing our whiskey?

(Chaff! Flares!)

Posted by: yak at October 5, 2010 02:02 AM

Is it pedantic to point out that those statements, as quoted, bear a very weak relationship to each other?

Posted by: dolorous at October 5, 2010 04:27 AM

If everyone would call out for Naomi (spelt backwards), all communication issues would be resolved

Posted by: Boquisucio at October 5, 2010 07:30 AM

No, I don't think so. That's one of the reasons I quoted that particular sentence - didn't have time to think about it since I read the article quickly during lunch but it left me with more questions than it answered.

It also had its comical side, though :)

Posted by: Cassandra at October 5, 2010 07:40 AM

You're stealing our whiskey?

*nothin' but net* :)

Posted by: Cassandra at October 5, 2010 07:41 AM

"Women... we are all about the giving :p"

"You're stealing our whiskey?

*nothin' but net* :)"

Give hell!! You'll get my whiskey when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 5, 2010 08:49 AM

Here, crowbar, crowbar, crowbar...

Posted by: BillT at October 5, 2010 11:00 AM

The only correct way to wear an electric blue thong--or a thong of any sort--or underwear generally--is not at all.

As to codpieces and zippers, reality must rear its (for some of us) wonderful head in order to get the festivities going. Some decorations just get in the way.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E hines at October 5, 2010 11:13 AM

21% of men are gay?

Posted by: tomg51 at October 5, 2010 01:33 PM

"Here, crowbar, crowbar, crowbar..."

*pulls out ultimate female weaponry*

Hands off my whiskey, Bub, or that diorama you've been scheming so grandly will fall flat on it's face.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 5, 2010 02:32 PM

Might I remind you that *you* are the diorama and it's that continued, uninhibited, wanton, lascivious

Oh, my -- where was I?

Ah. *Imbibement* that will be more likely to cause said diorama to fall flat on its Alps -- with the fiberglass reinforced DQ Vanilla we're using for the snow-capped peaks, your face shouldn't get within a foot of the floor...

Posted by: BillT at October 5, 2010 03:52 PM

Looks like there a whole lotta fakin' goin' on. ;)

Posted by: Tony at October 19, 2010 02:06 PM