« Best. Election. News. Roundup. Evah. | Main | Morning After Quote of the Day »

November 02, 2010

End of the Day Valour IT Roundup

OK, guys. Here's the recap:

We began the day at $5550. We are now at $7140, for a delta (as of about 5:30 pm) of + 1590.

During the day our $1250 of matching funds increased by $250 (thanks Amazing Mystery Donator Person!) to $1500. We've spent about $600 of our matching funds, leaving us $900 for tomorrow's matching fund campaigns.

goat.jpgCassy Fiano raised over $250 (with $250 of matching funds, for a grand total of over $500!) and consequently she will be cheering Army in the Army-Navy Game whilst dressed as Bill the Goat. We are assured that there will be humiliating photos and possibly even video!

So... that leaves the blog princess.

There are several suggestions on the table:

1. Judge caption contests at $100 a pop.

*sigh* :)

2. Wear a Justin Bieber t-shirt and carry Twilight all day.

3. *cough* Back when the Spousal Unit was in Iraq, some of you may recall that certain photos were taken of the Princess in a variety of wigs and clothing you can be damned sure she would not ordinarily have donned.

The photos range from the mildly humiliating to the truly ... ummm... memorable.

We couldn't help noticing that most of today's donations came courtesy of the fairer sex. It's time for the Oink Cadre to stand up and be counted. Depending on how much we raise between now and noon tomorrow, the Princess will turn one or possibly more of these incriminating photos into Military Demotivators and turn them over to you for captioning.

Carrie has seen these photos. I will leave it up to her to describe the indescribable.

To everyone who donated or helped us publicize the Marine Challenge - thanks. Such a simple word, and yet it means so much. We have (I hope) a big surprise in store for tomorrow.

Hope you voted today. I did.

Please help, guys. I wish I could post some of the emails I've read the past two weeks about the number of wounded coming in. You will never spend your hard earned dollars on a better cause.

Posted by Cassandra at November 2, 2010 05:10 PM

Comments

#2 doesn't count....you don't go anywhere.

And, ummm, if Cassy raised *over* $250, then shouldn't matching donations be *over* $250, too?

Heh, make me do math twice today....
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at November 2, 2010 06:06 PM

Until I know exactly how much she did raise, I can't do the math :p

And I go plenty of places! I've flown to three different cities in the past 30 days and have gone out every weekend. So there ... phhhhtttthhh :)

Posted by: Cassandra at November 2, 2010 06:27 PM

Today was a very good day. :)

Posted by: Carrie at November 2, 2010 06:55 PM

Sorry Madame Cass, I had to support the Navy this year. Dad's USN and USMC so we alternate.

Posted by: LittleRed1 at November 3, 2010 11:32 AM

Ok, I threw a bit in the USMC pot since all you magnificent leather necks are bro's and sisters in the Department of the Navy.

Posted by: bthun at November 3, 2010 01:59 PM

BTHUN!!!!!
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at November 3, 2010 02:38 PM

Leave it to the United States Navy to bring the class :)

Thank you, bthun. The very best is seeing you in the comments, my dear friend.

It all goes into the same pot - thanks, everyone who donated. You all are the BEST.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 3, 2010 02:45 PM

"It all goes into the same pot"
Indeed. No other donation that I make during the year feels so right.

Ok, conscience demands that I admit to tossing a like amount into the other Dept. of the Navy bucket.
*ducks*
Hey, what can I say? I was a squid, long ago and far away.

"You all are the BEST"
Those are, precisely, my thoughts about all of you too.

DLSly! As always, your emails are appreciated more than I can say.

*tips hat and bows to the fine ladies and gentlemen about the place, then glances at the yet to be completed honey do list, which prompts a reconnect of the battery to the posterior kicking device*

Posted by: bthun at November 3, 2010 03:09 PM

*ducks* Hey, what can I say? I was a squid, long ago and far away.

I like squids just fine, bthun. Heck, I spent most of my dating years fending off passes from them :p

It's all good, and for a good cause.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 3, 2010 04:05 PM