« Veterans' Day | Main | Refusing to Take Responsibility for Your Decisions Isn't "Conservative" »

November 12, 2010

S'wonderful!!!

The Valour IT fundraiser ended at midnight last night. The total raised by all four teams plus unspecified added up to $92, 542.
That is $32, 542 MORE than the original goal.

The Marine Team's total at the end of the day was $37,770.
WOW!!! What a wonderful, wonderful way to end. On top.
Thank you to everybody on the Marine Team, everybody who supported the Marine Team, everybody who shared our links and everybody who donated.
Your generosity has been so overwhelming. Thank you!

Now, we have some unfinished business to take care of: The Demotivator Contest.
So, let me announce the results and congratulate the winners.
Jihad Gene's entry took first place.
The Sniper's Air Force entry took second.
Retriever's Marine entry took third.
Congratulations to all three of you and to everyone who submitted entries.
It was a great fundraiser but now I need a nap. :)
Carrie

Posted by at November 12, 2010 11:44 AM

Comments

Carrie:

I would like to thank you and Cassy Fiano for doing such a phenomenal job with the Marine team this year.

I know how much work you ladies did, and you deserve a big round of applause.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 12, 2010 03:12 PM

I'm wants to personally thanks all the People's of Norf Korea and Mam-Senator Barbara Bloxer Supporters for your votes LOOONG time!!! JG;)

Posted by: JihadGene at November 12, 2010 05:37 PM

Sweet dreams, Blog Princess.

Posted by: htom at November 12, 2010 07:02 PM

Posted by: Cassandra at November 13, 2010 11:55 AM

Marine Team ~ you all ROCK! Way to show the rest of us how it's done!

Posted by: HomefrontSix at November 13, 2010 04:48 PM

I'm going to plead to having a mild concussion, and to mis-reading the signature. Thank you to all three of you lovely ladies. Marine Wives and Marine Moms, we couldn't do it without you.

Posted by: htom at November 14, 2010 05:59 PM

htom,
There are far worse things in this world than being mistaken for Cass.
No harm/no foul. :)
Thanks for the kind words.

Posted by: Carrie at November 15, 2010 08:03 AM

Well done, Ladies.

They couldn't have done it without you.

Yeah, it's trite, but it's still true...

*and I'm gonna cop htom's concussion plea, and I've got the MACE report ta prove it -- heh*

Posted by: BillT at November 15, 2010 01:09 PM

Excuses, excuses...

My friend has a saying that sympathy is found in the dictionary between "sh!t" and "syphilis".

;~p

Posted by: HomefrontSix who lacks sympathy at November 15, 2010 06:34 PM

Congratulations on so many things, but one thing is for certain; you made a difference and for that, I will always be grateful. Enjoy it!

Posted by: Carolyn at November 17, 2010 09:15 AM

Congrats to the Spousal Unit and welcome to a new chapter in life!

Posted by: HomefrontSix at November 17, 2010 02:49 PM

Thanks, guys :)

I am very proud (and very lucky).

Posted by: Cassandra at November 18, 2010 05:59 PM

So...those of you left still hanging around...when are we getting this party started?

Moderation or no, when the cat's away, the mice SHOULD play ;-)

Posted by: HomefrontSix at November 22, 2010 02:34 PM

I'm still celebrating being alive, and will be for a while.

Posted by: htom at November 28, 2010 04:56 PM