« We Don't Need Another Hero | Main | Which Candidate Best Matches Your Political Views? »

January 13, 2012

Another Thing That's "Too Hard"

Being a leader:

After the talk, out of earshot from the soldiers and diplomats, he starts to complain. He starts to act very un-Obamalike, according to a U.S. embassy official who helped organize the trip in Baghdad.

He’s asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers. He’s asked to sign copies of his book. “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it,” a State Department official tells me. “Look, I was excited to meet him. I wanted to like him. Let’s just say the scales fell from my eyes after I did.

Pure. Comedy. Gold. But enough of that.

There are matters of grave national import that we should be discussing.

Posted by Cassandra at January 13, 2012 10:11 AM

Comments

They're just trying out the new campaign slogan:
A hard man is good to find.

Posted by: Snarkammando at January 13, 2012 01:14 PM

I will not be silenced!

Posted by: Mitt Romney's Ginormous Codpiece at January 13, 2012 01:33 PM

Ahh, but will you be *coddled*?
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at January 13, 2012 04:54 PM

I felt a disturbance in The Force, so naturally came here.

I was right. Cass is back!

Posted by: MathMom at January 14, 2012 07:07 AM

I will not be able to post as often as I used to MathMom, but I'm going to give it a whirl. It was that or start another joke blog :p

Posted by: Cassandra at January 14, 2012 09:25 AM

You do what you want, Cass. You're not a public utility. But I want you to know that I have a home page with a list of sites I check, sometimes daily. I never took down your link, always holding out hope that you would get too many words bottled up inside and finally have to let them out.

These are important times, and you have an important voice.

Prost!

Posted by: MathMom at January 14, 2012 09:17 PM

You mean.....are you saying.....he doesn't really like us? I'm stunned.

I might have to resign my membership in Blue Star Families (for Obama).

Oh wait....

Posted by: Carrie at January 15, 2012 07:39 AM

Are you telling me that you don't buy all the faux concern for military families?

I am shocked... shocked, I tell you!

Posted by: Cass at January 15, 2012 08:53 AM

Wait...I have to buy that too?

Posted by: Carrie at January 15, 2012 09:06 AM

I looked up pantywaist in the Funk & Wagnall's and there was HIS picture. (All refrence to HIM must be capitalized now as in The Scriptures. He's appointing a Reverence Czar as we speak and there will be a fine if HE is not worshipped!)

Guess who's pic was under the alpha pantywaist heading? :-o

Posted by: Jarheaddad at January 15, 2012 10:17 AM

At least we're not talking about granny panties...

Posted by: Carrie at January 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Or Capris and pink socks! :-o

Posted by: Jarheaddad at January 15, 2012 11:09 AM

Why are we using 'Things that are too hard' in conjunction with such sensitive matters of national importance?

On the otter heiny, welcome back and home.

Posted by: Carolyn at January 15, 2012 01:39 PM

Yanno, I didn't catch that one :p

I have missed you guys - you always make me laugh.

Posted by: Cass at January 16, 2012 11:42 AM

I have an eency-weency amount of sympathy for the man: I've been shoved onto airplanes, dropped off in places that smelled funny with the wrong temperature and humidity. That stuff is not fun.

The first 24 hours I spent in Bangladesh was like being thrown into Kipling's India crossed with Blade Runner. And the colonel expected me to work without getting a chance to rest: 'You're the computer guy, great: here is what's broken'.

So maybe jet-lagged, fer shure tired of signing his name and taking pictures. That's got to get old.

But just a wee bit of sympathy, and no more. That was the job he signed up for, campaigned for, lusted after.

You wanted it: you got it.

Posted by: Brian Dunbar at January 24, 2012 11:03 PM

Is it wrong that the first time I read that I read: "Why are we using 'Things that are too hard' in conjunction with such sensitive matters of national impotence?"

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at January 25, 2012 09:17 AM

No, YAG, but it might be when you consider that immediately following *impotence* would be: "On the otter heiny".
*s ort*

S ort? Hey! What happened to my n? I just got a new shipment in right before the *service interruption*.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 25, 2012 11:11 AM

"'Things that are too hard' in conjunction with such sensitive matters of national impotence?"

Always call your DNC handlers if your election campaign last for more than 4 years, as serious damage to your credibility, and/or political death as a result of permanent, irreversible damage to your gravitas, pietas, dignitas and virtus can occur*.

*requires inflection and tone change from kindly, concerned doctor character to haughty, political pundit for proper delivery*

Posted by: bthun at January 25, 2012 12:16 PM