« Newt Gingrich's Ethics and Judgment Problems | Main | Well That Settles It.... »

January 26, 2012

Duuuuuude... (Part Deux)

Who swiped my bubble?

h/t Texan99, who is a snooty Cultural Elitist :p

Posted by Cassandra at January 26, 2012 05:19 PM

Comments

I scored a 10 out of 20. Yet there were a couple of answers that I tried to remember whether I had done it or not. Have I been fishing in the last 5 years? I use to go fishing occasionally with a friend of mine, and I think I went fishing with my kids a few years ago.
I don't feel elite or in a bubble, so much as appalled. About everything. Like the Internet.

It's appalling.

And my laptop. It's touchy and appalling.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 26, 2012 07:35 PM

I have no bubble. Nor filter. But we knew this already, didn't we?

Posted by: HomefrontSix at January 26, 2012 07:42 PM

I apparently have no bubble but some of the questions threw me a bit.

Here in California Corona would be considered a domestic beer right? I think it is.

I don't have a neighborhood, so I guess that one was a no.

Participating in a parade. Heh. My wife volunteered me for the parade committee for the local fairgrounds which sets up the parades. So, twice a year I get to participate. Even smaller parades are often judged, and many of the entrants want to win. When they don't, they often want to speak to someone about it. One fellow had a few things to say to me about the outcome one time. I explained we just set the thing up, the judging is done by an outside group. He wanted to "talk to someone in charge." I was tempted, but manfully resisted the impulse to point out my wife. She is after all "in charge."

I just retired a truck last year, a 1981 Ford. Which was euphemistically known as a ranch truck. One of my fishing buddies regularly insulted that truck. Hurtful, hurtful words. So that was a yes on those two.

Posted by: Allen at January 27, 2012 10:30 AM

I got hurt on the pickup truck issue (have driven my brother in law's for well over a year but never owned one, so I said no) and watching an entire episode of Oprah.

Also filling my fridge with domestic beer. I wasn't sure what that meant, and generally when we buy a lot of beer it's for a party and we buy several brands. So I don't buy all the same kind ever, really and usually include light and dark beers, local brews, foreign beers, Corona in summer and Sam Adams in winter, etc.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 27, 2012 11:51 AM

I have no bubble. Nor filter. But we knew this already, didn't we?

Well, yeah, but then you're a redhead :p

*running away*

Posted by: Cassandra at January 27, 2012 11:52 AM

Huh. I never tested the link but got between 13 and 16 (no bubble).

Posted by: Cassandra at January 27, 2012 11:53 AM

15 - No bubble here... Kinda weird questions, though...

Posted by: Pogue at January 27, 2012 11:55 AM

Just for grins, I answered all YES:

On a scale from 0 to 20 points, where 20 signifies full engagement with mainstream American culture and 0 signifies deep cultural isolation within the new upper class bubble, you scored at least 17.
In other words, you're so embedded in mainstream America that you need to visit the bubble once in a while.

Then I answered all NO:

On a scale from 0 to 20 points, where 20 signifies full engagement with mainstream American culture and 0 signifies deep cultural isolation within the new upper class bubble, you scored between 0 and 4.
In other words, your bubble is so thick you may not even know you're in one.

Hmm....

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at January 27, 2012 12:06 PM

I think there should be double points if the fridge you fill with beer is only for beer in the first place. Also, if you've ever drank outta the keg in the back of a pickup truck through the tap hose that has been fed through the sliding back window.
Buutttt, that's just my perspective.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 27, 2012 12:25 PM

If you actually fill your entire refrigerator with beer, you may be a redneck. (grin)

Or live in a college fraternity house.

When I fill my refrigerator with beer, that's usually just a six pack, which at my advanced age, lasts about two weeks.

And I'd like to buy a pick-up, but there's not room for it in the driveway. I own two SUV's, a station wagon and an old Plymouth (21 yrs old).

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 27, 2012 12:54 PM

"I think there should be double points if the fridge you fill with beer is only for beer in the first place. "
Hey! I have one of those in the garage, just opposite a hydraulic press. I'm getting too old to crush cans on my forehead... =;^}

Posted by: bthun at January 27, 2012 01:47 PM

I should have gotten extra credit on the parade question, because I've not only ridden in the fire department's parade but have painted every year's elaborate float and made costumes. Local, home-made parades are the greatest. Ours is heavy on fire engines and decorated golfcarts.

It would be interesting to see how un-elite I'd score on an opposite kind of test. I don't ski, or golf, attend the opera, or vacation anywhere trendy (or usually vacation at all, for that matter). Almost all my clothing comes from WalMart. I suspect I'm just out of it generally, rather than elite.

Posted by: Texan99 at January 28, 2012 05:25 PM