« The Right Endorses the Left's Victim Narrative | Main | File Under: "They Just Can't Help Themselves" »

March 10, 2012

Mantyhose

While it was WWD who coined the term 'mantyhose', brosiery' is a clear leader in the survey, ahead of 'guylons', 'he-tards', and 'beau-hose' - a term surely reserved for the most confident men out there.

Mr Cavallini said that his company's 'brosiery' is tested on its male employees and that their research had led to a special, breathable fabric being designed to account for men's higher perspiration levels.

In other news, the Editorial Staff would like to thank the Southern Poverty Law Center for teeing it up for her.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, founded in 1971 as a civil rights law firm, has released its latest "Intelligence Report" on hate groups in the United States. This year's report contains a new category: the Manosphere.

From the SPLC's introduction to the misogyny report:

The so-called “manosphere” is peopled with hundreds of websites, blogs and forums dedicated to savaging feminists in particular and women, very typically American women, in general. Although some of the sites make an attempt at civility and try to back their arguments with facts, they are almost all thick with misogynistic attacks that can be astounding for the guttural hatred they express. What follows are brief descriptions of a dozen of these sites. Another resource is the Man Boobz website (manboobz.com), a humorous pro-feminist blog (its tagline is “Misogyny: I Mock It”) that keeps a close eye on these and many other woman-hating sites.

Hating women (or spending hours and hours and hours bragging about how those stupid [expletives deleted] can't resist your Mad Seduction Skillz) is not a crime against anything but common sense.

Women don't need to be protected from the manosphere - there's this nifty little x button at the top of our browser windows that we hear is quite effective.

Now please excuse us whilst we take Our Bad, Hypergamous Self into the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

Posted by Cassandra at March 10, 2012 07:41 AM

Comments

"There are no words for how much the Blog Princess did *not* need to see this before finishing her first cup of coffee:"
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before,
don't know what it is, I don't wanta see no more...

More and more often, I'm reminded of this old song, and thankful that I have a much diminished desire to frequent the 'big city'. The creatures there grow more bizarre by the day.

Now when I saw the news indicating the SPLC was, dare I say, on top of the PUAers, I had a moment of uncontrollable laughter.

I can only hope no one throws a bucket of cold water on those two. It is gonna be fun to watch, especially if during 'discovery' it is found that a certain Billy Jefferson C. is the PUA Grand Poobah.

Interesting times...

Posted by: bthun at March 10, 2012 09:21 AM

Mantyhose: I demand that the gov't redress this inequality. The price charged for this "item" is your man-card, which is obviously worth much more to some men than to others.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at March 10, 2012 09:48 AM

"I demand that the gov't redress this inequality."

Heh. As you have been arguing YAG, God bless the child who has his own.

Posted by: bthun at March 10, 2012 10:28 AM

And yet manly men used to think nothing of wearing silk stockings and wigs and even face powder. Well, context is everything. Mantyhose today sends a certain . . . signal . . . that it wouldn't have sent in the 18th century.

But boy, are the fellas ever welcome to them. I believe I put on my last pair of pantyhose some years back. Not missing them.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 10, 2012 11:18 AM

My cousin taught me the trick of wearing pantyhose in leech infested water. He always said his main worry was that the Viet Cong might capture him while wearing them.

I always told him the embarassment might not be the main issue, but since when, has anyone been able to tell a SEAL anything?

Posted by: Allen at March 10, 2012 01:28 PM

One of the Dallas Cowboys runningbacks back in the 80s used them; I think he had such thick thigh muscles, he couldn't get his pants on without some slide / friction reduction.

Can't recall him taking any flak for it either, since he regularly powered his way THROUGH defensive linemen in them.

Posted by: Jim at March 10, 2012 02:41 PM

Methinks the Princess has forgotten this gem of (now apparently) forward-thinking marketing.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 11, 2012 01:07 PM

Posted by: Grim at March 11, 2012 03:48 PM

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Or it could be a case of the scope of his frightening encounters is quite limited.

On *counts available hands* the other hand, he might not possess much in the way of situational awareness... Of course, that is dependent upon his area of operation.

Since I'm out of hands, I'll leave it there.

Posted by: bthun at March 11, 2012 06:04 PM