« Men... | Main | Quote of the Day »

March 26, 2012

Monday Morning Tune

As this weekend marked the achievement of our 33rd year of connubial bliss, the Spousal Unit and I drove up to Baltimore for the weekend. We took in a show on Saturday. Though the poor sound on the Youtube video really does not do it justice, the group was quite good good.

You can get a better feel for their music here.

We bought their CD and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Enjoy :)

I will have a long, boring essay out later - probably this evening. Meanwhile, need to catch up with work.

Posted by Cassandra at March 26, 2012 07:42 AM

Comments

Very nice. I'm a big fan of Joao Gilberto (and his wife, Astrud). It's nice to hear that flame flickering still.

And congrats to you and the Unit.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 26, 2012 10:10 AM

You can't really hear it in the YouTube but her voice is very similar to Astrud's. She really has a lovely voice.

Oh, and thanks :) The poor man suffers...

Posted by: Cassandra at March 26, 2012 10:42 AM

Just an FYI, the vid seems to be experiencing problems. I'm getting green screen and a stalled page when the vid loads. However, the linked page has a mini player playing samples with better sound quality.

Glad the weekend was wonderful.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 26, 2012 12:14 PM

Tish! You know when you speak French it drives me wild!!

Posted by: Gomez Addams at March 26, 2012 12:15 PM

Tish! You know when you speak French it drives me wild!!

That is one of those lines that never gets old :p

Posted by: Cassandra at March 26, 2012 01:18 PM

The music es bery, bery luflee...

"this weekend marked the achievement of our 33rd year of connubial bliss"

I weesh to congratulate ju señora and jur señor Unit on jur anniversary.

Spring ees beautiful, so ees true love.

My dear burro, Conchita, she make me play thees to celebrate for ju.

Meeeny happy returns to ju and señor Unit.

Now, evebryone, unless ju are on a mountainside with a burro, make wit the happy feet.

Posted by: Juan at March 26, 2012 07:26 PM

Congratulations!

(I've got to brag; this weekend was also my parents' anniversary, their 66th. Both still doing well.)

Posted by: htom at March 26, 2012 10:26 PM

Congratulations to your parents! I think mine are coming up on 60 years. Hard to believe!

Posted by: Cassandra at March 27, 2012 12:18 PM

Aye yay yay, Juanito! Es muy picante y caliente!

Posted by: Chinese Jewish Mexican-American Lawn Princess at March 27, 2012 12:23 PM

In four months you must drag out your old LPs and have a 33-1/3 anniversary celebration.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 27, 2012 01:19 PM

OH
That
So
Rocks!!
I'm doing that when the time comes.
0>:~}