« It's Official: We Are Doomed | Main | Child Support/Custody Facts & Figures »

April 17, 2012

Father of the Year

Because nothing says, "I'm a dedicated parent" like spending quality time with your son:

A minister, Robert Franco, Jr., 30, was arrested along with the others. He had his 2-year-old son with him when he tried to pick up who he thought was a "lady of the night." However, it was an undercover policewoman.

The spousal unit, whilst relating this one to me, said, "Maybe he's angling for a job with the Secret Service. I hear there may be some positions opening up soon..."

Posted by Cassandra at April 17, 2012 12:14 PM

Comments

"Maybe he's angling for a job with the Secret Service. I hear there may be some positions opening up soon..." "

Positions indeed. Is there something like a recently published Kama Stupra these hound dogs are studying?

Posted by: bthun at April 17, 2012 12:44 PM

He had his 2-year-old son with him when he tried to pick up who he thought was a "lady of the night.".

I must disagree with the Spousal Unit. Surely the good reverend was simply going where the sinners are and was trying to pick up Ms Elvira solely in order to save her. And he had his young son with him on a Bring your Child to Work kind of thing so the lad could see what his daddy did for a living.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at April 17, 2012 01:17 PM

My only question was, minister of what? I'll stop there, the rest is just downhill.

Posted by: Allen at April 17, 2012 01:52 PM

No, he wasn't thinking of his own career at all. He was selflessly getting his young son on the inside track for the Secret Service at the earliest possible age. Because he's a givah.

Posted by: Texan99 at April 17, 2012 03:46 PM

At least he wasn't trying to pick up a hooker. I hear that there's lots of them in that part of town.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 17, 2012 04:37 PM

Well as one wag said in re: The "Secret" service agent and the hooker - "At least there is 1 government employee who is careful about spending the taxpayer's money"

on a serious note how stupid can one be - over $47.

Does this father come under a category lower than that agent 9as to judgement) ?

Posted by: Bill Brandt at April 17, 2012 05:02 PM

That sort of thing would never happen in Maryland. We are classy like that.

Posted by: Cass at April 17, 2012 05:29 PM

Columbia, Maryland!!! I knew it!

Posted by: spd rdr at April 17, 2012 06:30 PM

"That sort of thing would never happen in Maryland. We are classy like that."

It's good that neither the Senate candidate nor his brother, apparently, were involved.

Number one child was born Columbia, Md. IIRC, Columbia Is for Clones was the trendy bumper sticker of the period. Planned communities are not my cup of tea, but in all fairness, Columbia was not a bad place to live. Back then anyway.

The Walkin' Boss and I used to attend concerts at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in the early eighties. Good times.

Compared to D.C. and a few other Maryland locales, Prince Georges County being one that immediately springs to mind, Columbia was not so bad. And the Maryland seafood...

Sheesh, I could almost miss Md/D.C./N.Va if I were not careful.

Posted by: bthun at April 17, 2012 08:30 PM

Before signing off for tonight 2 thoughts came to me with the reading of this story. First I was wondering if, being a minister, we'll have a tearful Jimmy Swaggart "I have sinned " moment?

And 2nd it reminds me of a story I read some time ago of a Navy Chaplin arrested for beating his dog - a Labrador, because apparently the dog was too friendly with strangers.

(if we could only emulate the dog and not the Chaplin).

Posted by: Bill Brandt at April 18, 2012 12:33 AM

"I was wondering if, being a minister, we'll have a tearful Jimmy Swaggart "I have sinned" moment?"
FWIW, I too thought of Swaggart. I bet many others had that image of a contrite *cough caught cough* Swaggart cross the ole synaptic flat-screen.

Beating animals? Well, most folks who have lived any time at all have been exposed to doses of mean and ugly in this world. Yet I still can't understand how anyone can beat a creature such as this who loves with all they have, if only you show them a modicum of the same.

Posted by: bthun at April 18, 2012 01:12 AM

Dogs are made of love.

Posted by: Cass at April 18, 2012 06:02 AM

Woof.

Posted by: spd rdr's dogs at April 18, 2012 10:21 AM

"Dogs are made of love." Cass

Yup.