« A Question of Balance | Main | Finally, Our National Nightmare Is Over... »

April 11, 2012

Oh! The Humanity!

Apparently, we have done something very, very wrong.

disappointed_dog.jpg

Don't let it happen again.

Posted by Cassandra at April 11, 2012 06:26 AM

Comments

Yikes! If looks could bite!

Did the poor pup receive a 401k/IRA investment report recently?

Posted by: bthun at April 11, 2012 03:48 PM

I think he saw my Outlook calendar :p

Posted by: Cassandra at April 11, 2012 03:58 PM

Sounds like my springtime honey-do schedule. =;^}

Posted by: bt_shakin'_the_bush_boss_hun at April 11, 2012 05:37 PM

"I think he saw my Outlook calendar."

Can't be that bad. Now if it were a Look Out! calendar....

Posted by: The Wizzerd of Izz at April 11, 2012 05:41 PM

"Now if it were a Look Out! calendar"
This Lookout for Outlook?

Or maybe the one that has a 12/21/2012 appointment preloaded for the Alcoa Fedora wearing crowd?

Posted by: bt_shakin'_the_bush_boss_hun at April 11, 2012 06:28 PM

With regard to the uppity sea turtle: my wife often asks why I don't unload the dishwasher after it's completed its trick, and put the dishes away in their cabinets.

This impresses her not a whit.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at April 12, 2012 11:35 AM

"I answer that the dishes are in their cabinet; there's no need to move them to any alternate cabinets."
Heh. Yup, I tried that wasted motion ploy on Walkin' Boss once. Then I asked her what was for dinner, she explained that it was ready to go, in the freezer...

Posted by: bthun at April 12, 2012 11:40 AM

Eric @ 11:35 & bthun @11:40

That's because a woman will multiply and enlarge that which is given to her. If you give her love, she will give you her heart. If you give her groceries, she will give you a meal. If you give her a house, she will give you a home. If you give her sperm, she will give you a baby.

Therefore, it stands to reason that if you give her crap....you will receive a ton of shit.

And she might just remember something from 1942 that you did that wasn't so hot, too. (obscure reference #3,490,234.6)

heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2012 12:33 PM

"Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2012 12:33 PM"

Heh. All true. Even a slow, knuckle-dragging, Neanderthal such as yours truly learns those lessons pretty quickly.

Yup, first year of marriage, I had the X's and O's pretty well sorted on the chalkboard, hidden behind the beerfrigerator, in the garage.

Every time those diagrams begin to fade in the point of my skull, I whip that chalkboard out, stare at it for a few moments, then I hit a finger with a framing hammer.

Walkin' Boss and I have been happily married for well over three decades. The only downside, I can no longer play any musical instrument, other than a radio... =;^}

Posted by: bthun at April 12, 2012 12:54 PM

Hey, at least nobody can accuse you of not being able to carry a tune in a bag!!

heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2012 01:09 PM

"not being able to carry a tune in a bag!"
*puffs out chest*
Maybe not, but I can make every member of the canidae clan within a square mile howl!

Posted by: bt_killing-the-wild-with-his-song_hun at April 12, 2012 03:11 PM

"...I can make every member of the canidae clan within a square mile howl!"

Aaannd.....this is a *bad* thing?

ps - yanno, most people don't cherry pick a comment to remove the complimentary part.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2012 03:27 PM

You are too kind DL, but having heard my singing voice all these many years, besotted or not, even in the shower, I can't pretend that my tune hauling ability is anything but a howler.

Yup. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

Thanks anyway! =;^D

Posted by: bt_killing-the-wild-with-his-song_hun at April 12, 2012 03:35 PM

I don't know if I'm being all that kind....I mean you *can* carry that radio in a bag, right?
0>;~}

" Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy."

Thankfully, there's always hope that we can be better than we used to be.

Posted by: DL Sly at April 12, 2012 03:44 PM

If you give her sperm, she will give you a baby.

What do you mean you're not buying your mandatory health insurance and your mandatory contraceptives!?

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at April 12, 2012 05:03 PM

Eric,
You have no idea how many sidebar snarkitudes I deleted before I posted.
heh