« Drop And Give Him Twenty | Main | Good Reads »

April 30, 2012

Why Was I Not Informed Of This???

The number one sign you need to work on your form:

Women may not need a guy, a vibrator, or any other direct sexual stimulation to have an orgasm, finds a new study on exercise-induced orgasms and sexual pleasure.

The findings add qualitative and quantitative data to a field that has been largely unstudied, according to researcher Debby Herbenick, co-director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University. For instance, Alfred Kinsey and his colleagues first reported the phenomenon in 1953, saying that about 5 percent of women they had interviewed mentioned orgasm linked to physical exercise. However, they couldn't know the actual prevalence because most of these women volunteered the information without being directly asked.

Since then, reports of so-called "coregasms," named because of their seeming link to exercises for core abdominal muscles, have circulated in the media for years, according to the researchers.

Though we have always thought of exercise as being mildly pleasurable, clearly we are doing something wrong.

Posted by Cassandra at April 30, 2012 08:04 AM

Comments

...just another vital piece of information the public hungers for ;-)

Obtained through government grants?

Bill (as he is eating his oatmeal)

Posted by: Bill Brandt at April 30, 2012 08:23 AM

Maybe you're using the wrong equipment.
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at April 30, 2012 09:36 AM

I need to pay more attention to what's going on in the special ladies room in the gym.

Posted by: Brian Dunbar at April 30, 2012 09:54 AM

"Maybe you're using the wrong equipment. 0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at April 30, 2012 09:36 AM"

Speaking of kinky... BMW North America has probably had to deal with plenty of unusual lawsuits, but one filed last week may be a first — a California man says the seat on his motorcycle has given him an erection he just can’t shake.

This could be a subscription selling point Consumer Report might exploit by adding an Initial Moan Quality column to their reviews...

*sigh* I'd better get back to reassembling the old tiller so as to plant the future vegetables of Hun. Momma Gaea ain't waitin' and sadly the tiller's moan factor is the mostly pain sort.

Posted by: bt_shakin'-the-bush-Boss_hun at April 30, 2012 10:23 AM

Endorphins--the new aphrodisiac.

Also: Maybe you're using the wrong equipment.

Now, Miss Chester's techniques, with a suitable partner, shows considerable promise.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at April 30, 2012 10:24 AM

I read somewhere recently about a technique for experiencing orgasm during childbirth. Ewww.

Posted by: Texan99 at April 30, 2012 10:32 AM

The pilates! They do nothing!

Posted by: MikeD at April 30, 2012 10:40 AM

"I read somewhere recently about a technique for experiencing orgasm during childbirth."

Gives a whole new meaning to seeing the crown of the head....
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at April 30, 2012 10:41 AM

See, whereas I always associate that phrase with crown molding in a bathroom.

Posted by: MikeD at April 30, 2012 11:10 AM

OK, that is just wrong :p

Having gone through 2 natural deliveries, I can't imagine any circumstance where giving birth could conceivably (pun fully intended) called "fun"!

Posted by: Cass at April 30, 2012 01:06 PM

Apparently you weren't doing it right. :-)

Posted by: Texan99 at April 30, 2012 04:19 PM

I know. In retrospect, I should totally have opted for the drugs :p

Posted by: Cass at April 30, 2012 04:36 PM

"For instance, Alfred Kinsey and his colleagues first reported..."

In all seriousness, I'd ignore any article that quotes Kinsey as an expert. This is the guy who paid pedophiles to report their "findings" to him. His conclusion? Kids "liked" sex.

Yes, really.

Posted by: Book at April 30, 2012 08:23 PM

I know. In retrospect, I should totally have opted for the drugs :p
In retrospect, I'm not sure how much those really help (ok, the spinal tap at least, no one I know had the 'Twilight Sleep'). My mother still describes childbirth as "no so bad, it was like defecating a watermelon.

...

I dunno about you ladies, but that sounds pretty damned bad to me.

Posted by: MikeD at May 1, 2012 08:49 AM

I've always been rather fond of Bill Cosby's view of the story.

*sidebar: I had the interesting lot in life to have watched this comedy special followed by "Lethal Weapon 4" the night before the arrival of the VES.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at May 1, 2012 11:38 AM

OMG... I used to have all his routines memorized. That was classic :p

I didn't mind the pain so much - I could deal with that. What got me was just that watermelon feeling (what Carole Burnett described as pulling your bottom lip over your head). There's something pretty elementally frightening about that part.

I will be eternally grateful to The Unit for being there with me. I just can't express how much easier it was for me, having him by my side.

He didn't need to do anything, and he couldn't make it better. But it really mattered. A lot.

Posted by: Cass at May 1, 2012 11:52 AM