June 14, 2012
"Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of Elderberries!"
Republican nominee Mitt Romney's guerrilla tactics continued Thursday, as the campaign bus circled the venue where President Barack Obama will be speaking this afternoon.
As it passed the assembled throngs of supporters awaiting entry to the event at Cuyahoga Community College, the bus honked its horn dozens of times, before circling around to do it again. Obama supporters jeered and booed each time the bus passed the line outside of the security screening area.
The Romney campaign has routinely deployed aides to infiltrate events featuring Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, who wait online like regular supporters, but once inside spin the media live.
Let's see if the Editorial Staff understand the narrative:
1. Romney is a mean spirited brute because one of his campaign busses HONKED ITS HORN AT A CROWD.
2. The far classier and more presidential Obama is deploying "truth teams" to Romney events, because... [pick your favorite explanation]:
1. The Obama campaign can't trust the largely pro-Obama media to
fact check either of the candidatesfaithfully parrot his talking points any more?
2. This administration feels that branding dissent or disagreement as "lies" will elevate the tone of the debate and pour the healing balm of Gilead on the troubled waters of political discourse.
Civility, cubed. Does this guy know how to lead by example or what?
3. They seriously believe that likely Obama voters are uninformed, gullible saps who trust and believe Republican candidates implicitly. Without brave, truth telling Truth Teams to protect us from all these confusicating policy debates and dueling facts,
progressive leaning votersthe poor schmucks don't stand a chance against Romney's blinding charisma?
I happen to like Romney but let's face it - the rap on him is that he isn't a natural politician. Which, come to think of it, is a definite mark in his favor.
3. The specter of the President of the United States using the aptly named Bully Pulpit to intimidate and attack private citizens on his Enemies List is, like, so five minutes ago. Can this guy lead by example or wha....
4. As the villainry are no doubt aware, "Honky" is a racially charged epithet referring to "typical white people". And we all know how dedicated the President is to healing the destructive racial divisions that have plagued this country for far too long.
Let us speak no more of this troubling blot on an otherwise genteel and civilized exchange of visions.
Posted by Cassandra at June 14, 2012 05:27 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
"Can't you see him oppressin' me!"
Posted by: Texan99 at June 15, 2012 10:15 AM