« Trees as Exclusionary Weapons of Income Inequality | Main | Fun Facts About IQ »

July 22, 2012

If A Tree Falls, Who's to Blame?

Coincidence? Or evidence that no good deed goes unpunished?

treefalls.jpg

It's never funny when someone dies, but the comments are priceless.

Posted by Cassandra at July 22, 2012 09:09 AM

Comments

Several comments of unknown humor have been deleted, but

"picked a bad week to quit smoking" remains. Har.

Posted by: tomg51 at July 23, 2012 09:42 AM

So I guess when a tree falls in the suburbs of DC, EVERYBODY hears it.

Poor guy that got crushed. Talk about bad luck. I guess in this case, the bark WAS worse than the bite.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at July 23, 2012 10:22 AM

I guess in this case, the bark WAS worse than the bite.

Oh Don... you will pay for that one :p I inhaled about a third of my coffee when I read your comment.

I loved the idiot that blamed Dominion Power. Fortunately, at least one of the commenters appears to have some critical thinking skills:

Great point. All you have to do is prove Dominion also made the tree rot from the inside out in addition to its nearly no root structure and you'd have a cogent assumption.

Heh :)

Posted by: Cass at July 23, 2012 10:40 AM

Hazard Tree: a tree that poses an imminent hazard to life or property. We lease land from the US Forest Service in the Sequoia National Forest and I recently had to drop some hazard trees. The Forest Service is always prowling around checking on the status of things, remember Smokey The Bear is Watching.

At any rate they marked the trees to be felled and notified me and gave me a deadline. No one thinks twice about doing this sort of thing. Trees die of old age, they get diseases and become weak, this is not tree murder.

But, I'll leave you with an earworm. There is an official person in each Ranger District that determines the need for removal of trees. A tree cop if you will.

The Tree Police they live inside of my head..."

Cheap Trick.

Da Nada.

Posted by: Allen at July 23, 2012 11:24 AM

Nice car.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 23, 2012 01:04 PM

Who at the two guys trying to lift it off the car?

Posted by: tomg51 at July 23, 2012 01:48 PM

"Coincidence? Or evidence that no good deed goes unpunished?"

Yup...

Posted by: Larry at July 23, 2012 03:06 PM

The tree that wounded the Mothership was only reacting to the Gaia-induced weather of winter.

She was not to blame.

It would have been so easy; almost like taking candy from a baby, to convince housing to have equal parking. The main reason it didn't happen was Housing came in and dropped trees that were hazards.

Posted by: Gimlet's Mom at July 23, 2012 03:14 PM

Maybe the trees are rebelling against being used as tools of inequality by the Ayn Rand worshipping German toy loving minions of the richest 1%.

Posted by: David Bekham at July 23, 2012 04:59 PM

Well, the tree fell for it.

Posted by: Gimlet, Barbarianesse of the Southland at July 26, 2012 12:23 AM