« Profiles In Courage, "Our Position Has Not Changed" Edition | Main | More on Federal Tax Rates and Revenue over Time »

July 31, 2012

Obama Donates To Own Campaign So It Can Afford to Outsource More Jobs

...Because true charity begins at home:

President Obama has given $5,000 to his own reelection campaign, an official confirms to POLITICO.

In an email to supporters this morning, Obama said that he had given to his own reelection campaign for the first time as a symbolic gesture.

"On its own, what I gave won't be enough to surmount the unprecedented fundraising we've seen on the other side, both from our opponent's campaign and from the outside groups and special interests supporting him," Obama wrote. "But we have always believed that there's nothing we can't do when we all pitch in. That includes me."

Let's see if we've got this straight:

1. Obama has made a personal donation to his own campaign.

2. You know... the campaign that, instead of creating jobs here at home, outsourced jobs to Canada and the Phillippines...

3. So it could afford to make more outraged ads about selfish, out of touch politicians who care more about saving money than about creating jobs for out of work Americans during "the worst economy since the Great Depression".

There's a certain shameless circularity about this President that you have to admire. The man really does raise it to an art form.

****************

Update: speaking of shamelessness:

Barack Obama's White House has been forced to admit that it did return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to British diplomats, after describing such claims as "100 per cent false".

We couldn't have said it better ourselves: "Hopefully this clears things up a bit and prevents folks from making this ridiculous claim again".

Posted by Cassandra at July 31, 2012 01:32 PM

Comments

Well, at least it wasn't my money he gave to his campaign. I'm having enough trouble keeping Air Force One gassed up and ready to go in case the president needs to respond quickly to an emergency fund raiser in a swing state.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 31, 2012 05:24 PM

Well, at least it wasn't my money he gave to his campaign.

How do you know? "You didn't earn that."

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at July 31, 2012 06:02 PM

There you go again, always thinking of yourself... selfishly. I have *needs*, you know. In fact, this Friday will be our biggest fundraising deadline yet. One might even use the term, "critical".

Those telemarketing jobs don't outsource *themselves*, you know.

Posted by: Barack Obama at July 31, 2012 06:30 PM

That's all the time we can allocate for this press conference ladies and gentlemen. The President must return to the urgent matters of state...

Posted by: Jay -the dancin' bore- Carnhee at July 31, 2012 06:42 PM

I hear the Secret Service is busy, too.

Posted by: Grim at July 31, 2012 06:52 PM

*cough*

I'm not hearing that "ka-ching" that tells me The Little People are funding my campaign. For a mere $3, YOU could be invited to my next celebrity fundraising event.

Michelle will even let you sign my birthday card. Or name a puppy. If you really cared about the Community, you'd just sign over all your property.

It takes a village to re-elect the most popular, smartest, most loveable President Evah. So get crackin'.

Posted by: Barack Obama at July 31, 2012 07:15 PM

Hush now.

Ya gonna eat that puppy?

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at July 31, 2012 09:04 PM

Ya gonna eat that puppy?

Hands off, buddy. I have first dibbs on the Schnauzer.

Posted by: Barack Obama at August 1, 2012 09:22 AM