« Random Musings | Main | Evensong »

August 09, 2012

"My Face Is Up Here"

Today's annoying debate question: what if all sports coverage were more like women's volleyball coverage?

diving1.jpg

diving2.jpg

3.jpg

...and our personal fave, the likes of which we've seen on too many blogs (albeit always featuring a member of the fair sex)

gymastics.jpg

Personally, we always have a much clearer appreciation of the finer points of a sport after viewing a extreme close-up well framed crotch shot.

Posted by Cassandra at August 9, 2012 07:43 AM

Comments

Well, I'm not sure what to say. The only thing that comes to mind would be this:

Which about covers both aspects of the situation.

Posted by: Allen at August 9, 2012 11:53 AM

Look, there's stress and there's stress and it's beyond the limits of the face alone to show it all.

Posted by: George Pal at August 9, 2012 12:05 PM

Apparently the camera operators/producers are still in the 12 to 15 year old range. Who knew adolescents could get jobs in broadcasting? Talk about business cutting expenses...

Hey! Junior! Pan out with the camera. The whole person is certainly more interesting/stimulating to gaze upon than staring at their water closets.

Posted by: bt_random_hun at August 9, 2012 12:43 PM

What if all sports coverage were more like women's volleyball coverage?

You mean it's not? Plus I daresay you don't see too many women's diving photos like this:

Now you can tell me that one shot of an athlete was accidentally framed in a way so as to make him look naked. Twice could potentially happen I guess. But this? It's far too suspicious.

And I wouldn't get TOO upset at photogs for the women's beach volleyball. After all, the sport itself has rules governing the MAXIMUM amount of flesh they're allowed to cover. Seriously.

Posted by: MikeD at August 9, 2012 01:37 PM

The Olympics are Greek, remember. You have to expect to make some allowances for community standards.

Posted by: Grim at August 9, 2012 02:05 PM

OK, Grim wins comment of the day :p

That was awesome.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 9, 2012 02:41 PM

Not sure "upset" is the right word - amused, perhaps :p

FWIW, I have yet to watch a single second of Olympic coverage (or uncoverage, as the case may be!). Too busy the last few weeks.

I just found the body part photos amusing.

Posted by: Cassandra at August 9, 2012 02:43 PM

Hi. Busy busy here, but I couldn't help but notice how the quality of the conversation around here has improved in my absence. Keep up the good work.

spd

Posted by: spd rdr at August 9, 2012 05:43 PM

WHAP WHAP WHAP WHAP WHAP!!!! :)

Posted by: Sister Mary Ita's Itching Hand... at August 9, 2012 06:10 PM

Well, I'm certainly WIDE AWAKE!! Can't tell if its the really strong cup of cowboy styleI coffee 'm drinking or the view . . . . !!! :D

Posted by: Nina at August 10, 2012 08:34 AM

If you want to see some great Olympics coverage, try this:

Be sure to watch all the way to the end.

Posted by: Texan99 at August 10, 2012 10:57 AM

Hmmmm.....such a decision to make.....do I point out the *interesting* juxtaposition of the title, "My Face is Up Here" with the focal point of the pictures that follow? Or not......
I see that Sister Mary Ita's Itching Hand is here instead of Sister Mary Bag O'Metaphors which means the yard stick is warmed up and ready to go....
On second thought....
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at August 10, 2012 01:03 PM

I can sympathize with the in-your-face crotch shots. I feel the same way when I am shopping at the local grocery store and the bus from the local geezer warehouse shows up. Disgorging the elderly riders into the grocery store I feel so cheap! So used! when the ladies ask me to reach up high to retrieve some product from the top shelf. Life is rough all over. GOD bless them all.

Posted by: vet66 at August 13, 2012 05:15 PM

And then there's women's tennis.
Nothing but close-ups of the serve returner.
From the front, bent over, looking down her blouse.
From the back, bent over, as her butt moves back and forth waiting.

hmmm. maybe it's the same with the men. whatever. I wouldn't know ;)

Posted by: tomg51 at August 14, 2012 07:54 AM

Mike, Mike, Mike...
You say that like there's something wrong with it.

/and I'm outta here!