« Saturday Time Waster | Main | Well Bless His Heart.... »

September 17, 2012

And It's Mondaaaaaaaaaay!

Posted by Cassandra at September 17, 2012 07:39 AM

Comments

Well, that answered that question.

I always wondered what happened to the dancers from the 'Thriller' video. They decided to stop badmouthing their country.

Posted by: Carolyn at September 17, 2012 05:33 PM

Not being much on the current culture, I only learned about this song yesterday via an article InstaPundit linked to that involved an interview with William Gibson, who was impressed with the way the song intruded on us.

It's not actually much of a song, but what struck me was the translation of the Korean lyrics.

A girl who is warm and graceful during the day
A classy girl who knows how to enjoy a cup of coffee
A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes
A girl with that kind of twist

I’m a guy
A guy who is as warm as you during the day
A guy who downs his coffee before it cools down
A guy whose heart bursts when night comes
That kind of guy

Beautiful, lovable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Beautiful, lovable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Now let’s go until the end

Warm... classy... graceful... coffee... beautiful... lovable. There's nothing in the video (or the English parts of the song) that is on the same ground. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Posted by: Grim at September 17, 2012 06:13 PM

I hear ya, Grim. And I don't get it either. It's unclear to me why a classy girl would want a twit who jumps around thrusting his pelvis in her general direction :p

But then I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that this video was made at a school that forced my husband to shave all the hair off the top 1/3 of his chest.

*sigh*

Posted by: Cassandra at September 17, 2012 06:24 PM

"The place seems to have changed a bit since what I recall from the late 70s and early 1990s :p"

Geeee, that sounds an awful lot like Auld Phart talk.
I just hate it when that happens....to everyone else.
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: Snarkammando at September 17, 2012 11:25 PM

" Geeee, that sounds an awful lot like Auld Phart talk."

You rang?

Posted by: bthun at September 18, 2012 12:12 AM

bthun, you're up past your bedtime.

Auld phart, indeed!

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at September 18, 2012 12:49 AM

It's not exactly my musical style, but I never get tired of watching synchronized dancing, no matter how silly. I'm a stiff and uncoordinated dancer myself. I love to watch guys who are all liquid and syncopated.

Posted by: Texan99 at September 18, 2012 10:28 AM

"bthun, you're up past your bedtime."

Seems the aulder I grow, the less sleep I need. The reflection in the mirror grows dim, and yet, that d@^^^^ed portrait of me hanging in the attic grows younger by the day!

"I love to watch guys who are all liquid and syncopated."

Well, I'd say that covers most guys, just before closing time in the bars.

Posted by: bthun at September 18, 2012 12:06 PM