« Why Romney is Right About "The 47%" | Main | The Horror!!!! »

September 18, 2012

Quote of the Day

Nailed it in one:

There's a pattern emerging to Mitt Romney's worst gaffes: his biggest political missteps come whenever he repeats something the conservative opinion complex has already repeated endlessly. Instead of being the candidate that conservative bloggers feared as a moderate, he's been exactly the candidate they wanted. And he's losing.

Too funny. Except for the whole, "How's that workin' out for ya" thingy. So far the biggest complaint we've heard about Romney is that he supposedly won't stand up for real conservative ideas.

Which apparently are stupid and arrogant. The blog princess will be in the bar. It's got to be past 5 o'clock somewhere.

Posted by Cassandra at September 18, 2012 12:05 PM

Comments

I'll join you in the bar.
I simply can't take any more of this crap.

Posted by: spd rdr at September 18, 2012 01:12 PM

I'll admit to having trouble managing my increasing disgust with this campaign, mr rdr.

Some days, I allow it to stun me into blessed silence.

Others, I feebly fight back by mocking the most egregious stories. Not sure which is worse.

Posted by: Cassandra at September 18, 2012 01:32 PM

If only Brooks, Noonan, Kristol, and a few other conservative opinionators would take a clue from the major media's leftist PR flacks who will cover for their own no matter the word/deed.

If they would, every now and again, assume a state of silence rather than reflexively pick apart, not to mention distort the nits of the off the cuff remarks of politico's on their [alleged] side of the ideological divide. Or maybe delve into the compost pile of failures and crime known as the 44th POTUS administration.

Oh what a blessing that would be.

M'lady, you on the other hand should mock on. Then hit the bar.

Posted by: bthun at September 18, 2012 03:28 PM

Another person wonders aloud at the Kristol, Noonan and Co. potshots directed towards Romney.

With team players like the conservative opinion complex, who needs an opposition?

Only my fondness for our four-legged friends prevents me from equating the bunch with the noble Jackass.

Posted by: bthun at September 21, 2012 08:12 AM

I remember the conservative angst/weeping/wailing/gnashing of teeth during the 2004 election. On Election night, the pundits were all but slitting their wrists on national TV and yet...

Bush won, despite being an incompetent, blithering idiot who (according to them) couldn't campaign his way out of a paper bag, even with all the gratuitous advice he was getting from the pundit class.

*sigh*

At this point, I'm with Ann Romney: if these nitwits can find an "acceptable" candidate who's actually willing to put him/herself forward and take their crap, let them.

If they can run a campaign themselves.... they're welcome to throw their hats into the ring.

Morons. No wonder no one wants this job. Not only do you have to take unbelievable abuse from the Left, you also get it with both barrels from your own so-called side. And then Congressional Republicans stab you in the back every chance they get.

Years ago when I started blogging, I got a lot of email urging me to run for office (hard to believe, no?). I can't imagine subjecting my family to that kind of abuse.

Posted by: Cass at September 21, 2012 10:24 AM