« Moving the Goalposts Caption Contest Winners | Main | What In The Heck Is Going On Around Here? »

October 30, 2012

MacArthur Park Caption Contest

"....and I'll never have that recipe agaaaaaaaaaain!"

Update: replaced photo with the one I couldn't find earlier.

Posted by Cassandra at October 30, 2012 12:43 PM

Comments

Barack Obama does not get wet. Water gets him instead. He *is* the most interesting President in the world.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at October 30, 2012 02:16 PM

Heh... good one, Yu-Ain!

Gotta blame it on something
Gotta blame it on something

Blame it on the rain
Blame it on the stars
Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain yeah yeah
You can blame it on the rain

Posted by: Milli Vanilli's Bratty Little Sister at October 30, 2012 02:19 PM

"I stood in the rose garden and I told the American people and the world that we were going to find out exactly what happened, that this was an act of terror, and also said that we're going to hunt down whomever it was that left the cake out in the rain."

Posted by: spd rdr at October 30, 2012 03:14 PM

"Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing.
It's time we all reach out for something new,
That means you too.
You say you want a leader,
But you can't seem to make up your mind.
I think you better close it,
And let me guide you to the purple rain."
I know it is not a caption - but I liked it better than, "Damn, where DID I park that car?"

Posted by: SoCalGal at October 30, 2012 03:34 PM

...and also said that we're going to hunt down whomever it was that left the cake out in the rain

Hint: he's probably drinking a strawberry frappe whilst giving interviews to the NY Times and bragging :p

Posted by: Cass at October 30, 2012 03:47 PM

"Note to self: next time you can't fill a stadium, don't blame the weather."

Posted by: Cass at October 30, 2012 03:58 PM

Yes we can... I think we can... I think I can... I hope I can... I hope... I...

Posted by: George Pal at October 30, 2012 03:59 PM

"'Take out Bo' she says, "Bo's gotta go wee-wee' she says. 'What am I? The butler?', I says. 'I'm the President of the United States!' I says. "Fine' she says, 'But if that dog pees on the First lady's rug once more time, I swear that he'll be a one term presidential puppy." God damned mutt."

Posted by: spd rdr at October 30, 2012 04:04 PM

"$400,000 a year salary, a million bucks in book and recording royalties, and I can't swing by Target to pick up a @#$@ umbrella."

Posted by: Grim at October 30, 2012 04:41 PM

CINC practice: your left, your right....

Posted by: jhstuart at October 30, 2012 05:01 PM

"Truckin, Im a goin home. whoa whoa baby, back where I belong"...preferably,Chicago.

Posted by: SoCalGal at October 30, 2012 05:52 PM

There is no rain. The Most Beloved Leader has denied the rain, and He is infallible. Therefore, there is no rain. What may appear to be rain is trickery by enemies of The People and those rightwing lying liars who lie.

Posted by: a former european at October 30, 2012 07:10 PM

This lean Forwardâ„¢ gate really puts a strain on my hamstrings.

//Note to self: Tell Axlerod I'm going back to my upright strut no matter what the polls say and I'd better not get an argument or I'll cut his security detail.//

Posted by: Mr. Barnard at October 30, 2012 07:27 PM

"Leaving the cake out in the rain is a false choice. As I have often said, you can't have your cake and the rain, too."

or

"That house in Hawaii is starting to sound a whole lot better."

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at October 31, 2012 01:09 PM

"Better get home before Michelle has another meltdown."

Posted by: Carolyn at October 31, 2012 03:38 PM

channeling Carl Spackler - I think you can get in a quick 9 before the heavy stuff comes down

Posted by: Frodo at November 2, 2012 10:28 AM