« Mandates and Cost Shifting: First, Do No Harm | Main | Boys are Noisy »

November 19, 2012

Quote of the Day

"....if Israeli troops are in Gaza, they're much more at risk of incurring fatalities or being wounded."

- Our Commander in Chief

In other news, war is still dangerous for children and other living things. Not that rocket attacks can properly be described as war, mind you.

CWCID: Judy.

Posted by Cassandra at November 19, 2012 08:05 AM

Comments

I love people who start in with the "disproportionate use of force". I'm sorry, I thought the proper reaction to an act of war was... you know... war. Hamas wants to be recognized as the government of "Palestine" and tacitly implies that they have the power to stop the rocket attacks, well then you've put on the big boy pants, now the responsibility that comes with that is in play. You're engaging in war with Israel, they get to engage right back.

Posted by: MikeD at November 19, 2012 09:45 AM

Dropping rockets on Isreal is already a "disproportionate use of force". You don't get to cry foul when the other side is better at your game than you are.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at November 19, 2012 11:38 AM

Especially when you're the aggressor :p

You're echoing a thought I've had many time lately: the Israel denouncers seem to be saying, "It's not faaaaaaaair for them to answer force with force because poor Hamas isn't any good at it!"

Reads like one of those, "Here's your sign" jokes.

Posted by: Cassandra at November 19, 2012 11:45 AM

Troops can be killed or wounded? That's one for Taranto's "Out on a Limb" feature.

Posted by: Texan99 at November 19, 2012 12:59 PM

I don't like to use force, but when I am made to, I use it unfairly.

Posted by: The most interesting Military in the world at November 19, 2012 01:51 PM

I, however, love to use the Force.

Especially unfairly.

Posted by: Darth Vader at November 19, 2012 01:54 PM

Apparently, the "enlightened ones" at MBSNC (no, that was not a typo)have never lived anywhere near conflict or for that matter, reality. If you were to shoot a rocket into my back yard, I would probably launch as much ordnance as I could get my hands on as fast as I could. Then I would find the nearest salt and plow supply and emulate Scipio Africanus. Palestina Delenda Est!

Posted by: Azrael Eshu at November 19, 2012 10:29 PM

A visit from Papa Legba? I would have thought you'd have found Palestine a very comfortable place.

Posted by: Grim at November 19, 2012 11:06 PM

Eh, Muslims have very serious issues with Eshu Laroye... and the feeling's mutual! Some afoche and a pox on their houses might be in order. Besides, chaos is good but unbridled bloodlust is not - and the Palestinians are noted for killing their own on a regular basis just for trying to be reasonable.

Posted by: Azrael Eshu at November 21, 2012 02:39 PM