« Christmas Cookie Thread | Main | French Court Strikes Down La Patriotisme Economique! »

December 22, 2012

Holiday Blogging

Yes, the Editorial Staff have been AWOL this week.

We have several posts rolling around in the brain housing group, but have to take care of some holiday errands first. However, we would be remiss not to mention that - and our surprise and delight was, for once, more than half-vast - some kind person has nominated us for the much coveted Grande Conservative Blogress Diva award over at GayPatroit:

With apologies for the failure to get to this until today, I hereby announce the nominees for the 2012/13 Grand Conservative Blogress Diva. Bear in mind that we consider a diva to be a strong, confident woman who commands the respect of men.

So whilst you are waiting for us to get done with our last few errands, please head over to Gay Patriot to see who's on the list and vote for your favorite conservative blogress! We've read the work of most of the ladies on this list and whoever you vote for, they are all eminently deserving of the award.

You can vote here.

Our heartfelt thanks go out to Gay Patriot, a wonderful blog you should be reading if you're not already, for taking the time to showcase some outstanding female bloggers. I think most of my fellow nominees will agree that it's hard to think of two finer accolades than the respect of men and recognition from the folks at Gay Patriot. We like it when our fellow women enjoy our work, but most of us have a big soft spot in our hearts for our better halves.

And thanks to whoever - perhaps spurred by a bit too much holiday cheer - nominated the Editorial Staff. We'll be walking on air all week :)

Posted by Cassandra at December 22, 2012 10:03 AM

Comments

Merry Christmas, Princess. And to Ye, Assorted Villainy, Be Blessed With Comfort and Joy.

spd

Posted by: spd rdr at December 24, 2012 11:45 AM

//the old hun can say, yet again,//

What Monsieur Rdr said...

Merry Christmas to all!

Posted by: bthun at December 24, 2012 02:07 PM

All the best to all of you.

Posted by: Grim at December 24, 2012 03:44 PM

May the miracle of Christmas fill your heart with warmth and love.
Merry Christmas!

Posted by: Political Clown Parade at December 24, 2012 04:12 PM

From the Dark side to the assembled villianry, a wish for a most blessed Christmas.

Oh and, ummm, *foot tapping* Mr. Hun....you have mail.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 24, 2012 04:19 PM

"Oh and, ummm, *foot tapping* Mr. Hun....you have mail."

//Uh-oh! =8-{
The hun has not looked closely at his email in weeks... So much Holiday BUY IT NOW! spam, so many "Last Chance to Spend Money"... messages. Not to mention a veritable plethora of malignant, political seepage/spewage worthy of a bonfire.

Decides, based on the Dark Lord's comment, that he better root, more closely, though all of his email inbox bits, post-haste.//

While rooting, I'll offer some melodious distraction, in the spirit of the season, yanno, And hope it saves my topknot.

Posted by: bthun at December 24, 2012 05:29 PM

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We got 2 inches of snow this afternoon - not bad for a "zero chance of a White" Christmas.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 24, 2012 09:03 PM

Merry Christmas, Cassandra, to you and yours. (We've an additional inch or so last evening, just enough to make two feet since October.)

Posted by: htom at December 25, 2012 12:09 PM

We got more snow yesterday - it snowed most of the day but then turned to rain/slush in the evening.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 27, 2012 10:39 AM

Our high today was 28. It snowed all day. A truly mesmerizing sight for one who hasn't seen such for a couple of decades. Sledding this weekend will a real blast from the past!
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 28, 2012 03:13 AM

DL Sly's Diary, 28 December:

We awoke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Every tree and shrub covered with a beautiful white mantle. I shoveled snow for the first time in years and loved it. I did both our driveway and our sidewalk. Later, a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered of our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again.

Let us know how it's going by, say February. :)

Posted by: Grim at December 28, 2012 01:28 PM

Well, I lived the rainy PacNW version of that email story for my childhood, (with a few years above snow level - compliments of the USAF) then the southeast humidity version followed by seven years in the desert version with a quick jaunt back to the humidity for a coupla years.....given that, and the fact that I much prefer colder weather in the first place, I'm looking forward to hating the snow come March or April.
The VES, however, is absolutely thrilled that she will have a white birthday in 2013.
Buuuutttttt, she hasn't done any of the shoveling.....yet.
heh
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 28, 2012 02:57 PM

I shoveled a driveway once. It was fun, because I knew in all likelihood I'd never do it again in my whole life, and because I was on vacation at my sister's house with nowhere I had to drive to for the duration.

We've had a spate of what passes for cold weather here. After three days of it, the house has drifted down to 68 degrees. We haven't turned the heat on.

Posted by: Texan99 at December 29, 2012 06:51 PM