« Children, Our Values, Culture, The World We All Live In... | Main | 2012, Excerpted »

December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year, bitter gun clingers :)

Posted by Cassandra at December 31, 2012 05:12 PM

Comments

Back at you!

btw, Have I mentioned how disturbing that "Sarah Palin's Uterus" sidebar graphic is?

Posted by: Pogue at December 31, 2012 05:55 PM

Backatcha, WiseWomyn-of-the-Web.

Posted by: PuffOnMeds at December 31, 2012 06:05 PM

Party hearty, Lady.

The New Year brings prosperity.

Eric Hines

Posted by: E Hines at December 31, 2012 06:08 PM

Thank you, ma'am.

Posted by: Grim at December 31, 2012 08:25 PM

A happy, healthy, prosperous, and wonder-filled new year to all of you and yours!

Posted by: htom at January 1, 2013 01:27 AM

Well FWIW, it was meant to be.

As most of you know, I was never all that impressed with Sarah Palin. I understand why many folks admire her - I just do not share their assessment of her.

But the way she was treated, notably by Andrew Sullivan (whose weird obsession with the traffic in and out of Ms. Palin's ladyparts is far more disturbing than the graphic I created to highlight his absurdity) is what was really obscene.

Fortunately for you all, I end up choking or biting back an awful lot of what I think but this was one occasion where I felt genuine outrage and shock. Sometimes, the best response to the absurd is not anger, but mockery.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 1, 2013 09:28 AM

"Well FWIW, it was meant to be."

Actually, I'm in (and have been in) complete agreement with you on the issue of how she was treated, and thought the post you were pointing to is quite funny... it's just that the graphic puts me in mind of a caesarian hysterectomy.

Posted by: Pogue at January 1, 2013 04:10 PM