« Shocker: Acting Like a Colossal Jackwagon Can Get You Fired | Main | Losing My Way »

March 27, 2013

I Am Mega Bored

mascots.jpg

Posted by Cassandra at March 27, 2013 05:08 PM

Comments

I hate Duke.
Which keeps me from getting bored.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 28, 2013 08:13 AM

Hating on Duke is something of a regional pastime here in the South :p

Hate on, hating hater!

Posted by: Cass at March 28, 2013 09:17 AM

I have a nephew that was a college mascot as a freshman. Best move ever. He changed from a nerdy, sharp, high school academic leader into a personable, outgoing, regular guy participant, leader and sports enthusiast at Tulane and then LSU.

Posted by: tomg51 at March 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Hate Dooook?

A lady I used to work with had her only son attend UNC Chapel Hill. He once remarked he never did a basketball bracket because he might have to pick Duke to win a game.

Her only son is now also a kind of big wheel in the John Locke Foundation down in NC. So that's kind of two-fer.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 28, 2013 09:15 PM

Heh ... :)

I didn't do a bracket this year - don't have the time. I saw a mascot bracket that looked like fun though.

The Locke Foundation is a prestigious institution, but you have to admit it doesn't quite have the cachet of, say, The Ebb 'n Flow Institute.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 29, 2013 08:20 AM

Tom, when the Spousal Unit was stationed in Annapolis, he ended up being the sponsor for the NA cheerleaders (which included Bill the Goat).

It's a surprisingly hard job, and the male cheerleaders have to be really strong to do all the stunts they perform. Cheerleading has come a long way from when I was in the 8th grade and all we did was wave pom-poms and look cute in those little swishy uniforms.

The Unit played football and basketball in school and he came away with a lot of respect for the cheerleaders. They had the longest season of any sport and it's a lot harder than it looks.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 29, 2013 08:24 AM

"...all we did was wave pom-poms and look cute in those little swishy uniforms."

Wait....You(?)...in a cheerleader's uniform.
Waving pom poms.
Ummm..........
Uhh....ahh......
Hmmm.....
*looks for incoming trivets...nope, still can't get it up this high (wonders whether or not the Blog Princess has been to Africa lately.)*
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 29, 2013 11:22 AM

It is true - I did not get the Perky Gene :p

Posted by: Cassandra at March 29, 2013 12:13 PM

The Ebb and Flow Institute just doesn't publish as much as they used to.

More's the pity.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 30, 2013 12:46 AM

I miss Pile, too.

But he is busy educating the next generation of smart a$$... err... erudite American intellectuals.

It is an important job :p

Posted by: Cassandra at April 1, 2013 09:15 PM