« WaPo's Cillizza: Romney Was Right on Tax Rates | Main | Kids These Days.... »

April 17, 2013

Through Different Eyes

Sorry for the dearth of posts. I've been caught up in projects at work and consequently have been working very long hours.

There's no time to read or write before work, and after work I'm just drained.

I'll try to have something up Thursday or Friday - it's not going to happen today. In the meantime, you may find this video interesting.

Update: for spd -

Posted by Cassandra at April 17, 2013 09:45 AM

Comments

Another reason that I'm glad I'm male: No amount of introspection can defeat the innate sense that I am the most handsome, virile being alive. I can't help.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 17, 2013 12:43 PM

It would be interesting to run that experiment in the reverse, wouldn't it?

My wife hasn't seen this yet, but I intend to show it to her when she comes home. I hope it will help her see, as MikeD said at my place, just what I've been telling her all along. :)

Posted by: Grim at April 17, 2013 01:01 PM

Interesting thought: I wonder what the portrait of mrs. rdr would look like if I was asked to describe her to the artist? Would she appear even more beautiful than as described by someone else? And what would be my life expectancy is she did not so appear? On second thought, this is a really, really bad idea.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 17, 2013 02:29 PM

Hey, as long as you didn't say that her butt looked fat in that dress, I'm sure you'd be just fine.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 17, 2013 04:43 PM

You look mahvelous! And you know who you are. too.

Posted by: Fernando! at April 17, 2013 10:09 PM

Yes. I do.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 17, 2013 10:36 PM

So that's why you've never been to Saudi Arabia, eh, spd?

Posted by: Grim at April 17, 2013 11:56 PM

Wow.... what in the holy hell is wrong with these people?

There are days when I wonder about the future of the human race :p

Posted by: Another Apple Fallen Off the Stupid Cart at April 18, 2013 09:13 AM

As a very young wife, I used to wonder how my husband saw me. After many moons of married life, though, I have decided that I wouldn't want to know the answer to that question even if I could :p I'm pretty sure wouldn't see me the way I wish he did because he's got his own list of things that are important to him and it doesn't have to match mine.

He goes to work every day, and comes home every night, and does a thousand big and small things that let me know that he loves me.

If that's not love, I don't know what is. That said, I totally get the way the critical women on the video described themselves.

Speaking of which, it's kind of interesting seeing yourself on video. I've only done so twice, and it's so different from seeing still photos because you see facial expressions and body language and not just yourself frozen in time.

The first time, I was pleasantly surprised by the way I looked. The second time, I remember thinking, "Man - you look fat and old ... and really tired." :p But I had a horrible migraine at the time, so I was probably lucky to be vertical!

Posted by: Cassandra at April 18, 2013 09:24 AM

I tried the experiment last night, enlisting the aid of a artistically gifted neighbor.

Looks like I'll be sleeping indoors again.

Posted by: spd rdr at April 18, 2013 10:00 AM

Yikes, spd! You and the lovely-and-talented mrs rdr are looking very slender these days!

*running for the barricades*