« Faith | Main | WaPo's Cillizza: Romney Was Right on Tax Rates »

April 12, 2013

Web Site of the Day

Here.

Toddlers are such drama queens.

Posted by Cassandra at April 12, 2013 01:42 PM

Comments

GOLDANGIT! SHAKE IT OFF SON!!!
NOW GET OUT THERE AND HURT SOMEONE BEFORE SOMEONE HURTS YOU!

Posted by: friendly friar at April 12, 2013 03:43 PM

Crikey! I don't have this many pictures of my TWO sons crying (because really, after they were each about four months old, they didn't cry unless they were in pain), in 27 years.

Funny website, but that boy is a bit fragile. Hope it's not serious.

Posted by: MathMom at April 12, 2013 07:48 PM

After I finished laughing at that site, the first thing I thought was, "They are paying a lot of attention to that kid every time he throws a fit. And he's throwing more fits because that behavior is being reinforced by his parents."

One of the weirdest things about boys is that they crave attention - even bad attention. As a parent, once I realized that I learned to adjust my reactions to make sure I wasn't actually rewarding my sons for acting up.

Girls do that too, but in a different way. I haven't really figured out girls b/c I didn't raise one, but I suspect that's partly what talking back and the drama are about. I've noticed that parents who don't react to drama have girls who engage in less of it.

That's kind of the weird thing about both marriage and children - when you find the same patterns repeating over and over again in a relationship, you have to stop and say, "Hmmm.... this isn't working out the way I planned. Is it possible I'm contributing to the problem in some way?"

Usually, the answer is yes :p

Posted by: Cassandra at April 13, 2013 09:07 AM

2 comments.

1) When he starts dating, he better hope his girlfriend doesn't find that site.

2) Go Braves

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at April 13, 2013 01:03 PM

Heh, YAG. I wasn't gonna go there. (Unless they get the sweep tomorrow, that is.)
But hey!....Have a Cinderella start to your major league career, Evan Gattis!

And I'm pretty sure he won't have to worry about her finding the site since Mom and Dad will still have them in a hard drive or cloud somewhere.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at April 13, 2013 05:09 PM

*digging underneath counter*
Brain bleach....beer....guacamole - hey it's still green!....Ms. Cricket's fainting couch....brass bra....
Now where did I put that damn broom?
0>:~}