May 06, 2013
Notice how many of them are men.
Posted by Cassandra at May 6, 2013 07:16 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Not surprising, though. The big lugs.
Posted by: DL Sly at May 6, 2013 02:48 PM
Plays all hell with the narrative, though.
Posted by: Cassandra at May 6, 2013 05:59 PM
Shouldn't be surprising; lots of possible explanations:
- evolutionary biology (guys that take care of women and children are more likely to have the opportunity to to father children, and their children are more likely to live and reproduce)
- enlightened self interest (gals like good guys)
- learned values (family, Church or Boy Scouts; similar themes)
- guys are bigger, stronger, and braver (and not all of this is rational) in general.
- guys are also sometimes selfishly motivated by pride.
PS: Hell, for all I know it's simply part of God's master plan . . . :)
Posted by: CAPT Mike at May 6, 2013 10:26 PM