« Holder's Perverse Idea of Justice | Main | Another Benghazi Mystery Solved »

July 18, 2013

Ice Cream and Personality

The hidden connection.

Too funny. Can't wait to whip this out the next time we have a marital "discussion" over pre-prandial drinks this evening.

The Spousal Unit's favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip.

Posted by Cassandra at July 18, 2013 12:23 PM

Comments

Sex and Ice cream, again! :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 18, 2013 02:20 PM

Vanilla rocks, dude.

Posted by: spd rdr at July 18, 2013 02:57 PM

Chocolate rules.
Vanilla drools :)

*running away*

I'm upset that there was nothing for Coffee ice cream. I also really like Dulce de Leche from HaagenDaz. Positively sinful.

Posted by: Cass at July 18, 2013 03:31 PM

Well, Jamocha is coffe & chocolate, yes?

And you are both wrong. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough kicks otter heiney. :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 18, 2013 04:17 PM

With my commenting so rarely, you folks that comment frequently don't know how much I appreciate pondering and learning from your debating. Even regarding intense topics, I read genuine effort to understand one another and resolve conflicts. True even when I'm convinced of a different position (thbbt!)

With that said, I figured an ice cream post a safe subject upon which to comment. Imagine my dismay when neither my current favorite (Braums chocolate caramel mousse)nor my fallback favorite (raspberry ripple)nor my hope-to-see-again delight (swiss chocolate orange)appeared on the diagnostic list. Guess I'm strange. Tho I admit to enjoying mint choc chip and rocky road. And vanilla, provided I have available plenty of hot fudge or butterscotch. (What a fantastic tech breakthru getting a microwave meant: no more double boiler to melt toppings!)

Posted by: Roy at July 18, 2013 04:21 PM

True even when I'm convinced of a different position (thbbt!)

How *dare* you!!!

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 18, 2013 04:46 PM

When I was a little girl, my absolutely FAVORITE flavor ever was Howard Johnson's black raspberry :)

I still remember bugging my Dad to stop on the NJ Turnpike on the way up to New England for an ice cream cone.

Posted by: Cass at July 18, 2013 04:53 PM

I feel so blessed to have such a thoroughly nice (and interesting, and intelligent, and well informed... and *funny!*) set of readers.

You are all wonderful, and I'm glad you did comment on this post, Roy :)

Posted by: Cass at July 18, 2013 04:57 PM

Yu Ain, fwiw 1)wasn't your position to which I took exception (on the contrary, I was rooting for you against Cass ;^p); 2)you've selected one of the best xkcd comments

Posted by: Roy at July 18, 2013 04:58 PM

Ok, now it's *my* turn to say, "Pphhhttttthhhhh!" :)

Posted by: Cass at July 18, 2013 05:19 PM

1)wasn't your position to which I took exception

See, I told you chocolate chip cookie dough kicked otter heiney! :-)

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at July 18, 2013 05:59 PM

My favorite isn't on that list, either. I fell in love with Chocolate Almond Marshmallow under the AAFES brand when we were in Germany when I was a kid. Took a while before I found someone else who made that flavor. Blue Bell does now, but it is only a seasonal flavor available only a short period of time each year. Currently unavailable :-( The local grocery store have a tasty flavor I recently discovered: Caramel Pecan Turtle... YUM! Of course, I prefer chocolate over vanilla, and I like mint chocolate chip over regular chocolate chip.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at July 18, 2013 07:12 PM

"I feel so blessed to have such a thoroughly nice..."

YES!!11!! She said I'm nice. Can't take it back now. It's in writing.
heh

And any ice cream list that doesn't include Double Fudge Brownie, isn't worth my time.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 18, 2013 07:25 PM

So if I say in writing "red=yellow," that makes it true for all time?

Posted by: Grim at July 18, 2013 07:56 PM

Yep! It will be true for all time that you wrote "red=yellow".
Whatever else that may reveal about you....well, that's up to the individual reader, I s'pose.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at July 18, 2013 07:58 PM

I'm not sure the individual reader is equipped to decipher one such as me... or, more to the point, one such as you.

Posted by: Grim at July 18, 2013 08:47 PM

This is all foolishness.

The *best* ice cream flavor is whatever *she* likes, plus a large snifter of appropriate aperitif (cognac, port, beerenauslese, Frangelico, etc.)

Cheers!