« There, But for the Grace of God | Main | You Look.... Mahvelous! err.. Incredibly Hot err... Equi-Capable!!! »

August 07, 2013

A Woman's Prerogative

Oh yes, the Editorial Staff went there:

He thought he was a woman trapped in a man’s body — but it turns out he’s “just another boring straight guy.”

ABC News editor Don Ennis strolled into the newsroom in May wearing a little black dress and an auburn wig and announced he was transgender and splitting from his wife. He wanted to be called Dawn.

But now he says he suffered from a two-day bout of amnesia that has made him realize he wants to live his life again as Don.

Naturlich, one of the very first things he did upon realizing that he was, after all, a man trapped in a man's body was blame his wife... and those lousy doctors who "misdiagnosed" him:

“I accused my wife of playing some kind of cruel joke, dressing me up in a wig and bra and making fake ID’s with the name ‘Dawn’ on it. Seriously,” Ennis wrote in a memo he posted to the newsroom bulletin board Friday, explaining his shock after he woke up from what he called a “transient global amnesia” last month.

...“I have retained the much different mind-set I had in 1999: I am now totally, completely, unabashedly male in my mind, despite my physical attributes,” he said.

“I’m asking all of you who accepted me as a transgender to now understand: I was misdiagnosed.

“I am already using the men’s room and dressing accordingly,” he noted.

Well *that's* a relief!

No matter what your genda agenda, this story is the comedy gift that just keeps on giving.

Posted by Cassandra at August 7, 2013 06:55 AM

Comments

So...

He's a man trapped in a woman's body, trapped in a man's body.

I know that feeling, bro. This hair didn't happen all by itself.

Posted by: John Edwards at August 7, 2013 10:14 AM

Dude... warn me next time :p

Comment of the Day!

Posted by: Cassandra at August 7, 2013 10:50 AM

That transient global amnesia thing is a booger. It happens to me all the time. It can be so embarrassing going around explaining to everyone afterward.

Reminds me of the Raymond Chandler quotation on Maggie's Farm the other day: "I'm an occasional drinker. The kind who takes a drink and wakes up in Singapore with a full beard."

Posted by: Texan99 at August 7, 2013 02:47 PM

After a while, people get used to that, Tex. It's when it only happens once in your life that it really seems odd. :)

Posted by: Grim at August 7, 2013 02:57 PM

Transient Global Amnesia... it could be very useful. I'm going to have to file that one away somewhere where I can find it easily :p

Posted by: Oh no you *didn't*.... at August 7, 2013 03:00 PM

Well, I can vouch that recently it does seems like everyone has forgotten damn near everything.

Posted by: The Earth at August 7, 2013 03:08 PM

Just another jerk exposing his foolishness and narcissism

Posted by: CAPT Mike at August 9, 2013 06:25 PM