« Caption Contest | Main | "Glitches" Aside, the ACA is "Good". And You Should Be More Patient. »

October 21, 2013

Coffee Snorters, Mental Health Break Edition

The Editorial Staff wish to apologize for the dearth of posts and thank the Dark Lord Sly for filling in during our absence. 10+ months into the year, we thought it might be a good idea to take some of that vacation time on the books before it vanishes.

Today is likely to be busy, but we promise to get something interesting up tomorrow. In the mean time, here are a few items for your perusal:

Upon Elise's strong recommendation, we finally saw Pacific Rim last night and loved it. Giant robots whomping on giant monsters from outer space, coupled with great characters that were fun to root for. It made us feel like a kid again.

What's not to like?

Dad, keepin' it real:

More later as our Inbox permits.

Posted by Cassandra at October 21, 2013 06:40 AM

Comments

You're welcome, my friend. It was the least that I could do, and I'd never want it to be said that I didn't do the least that I could do.
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 21, 2013 02:11 PM

I'm glad you liked the movie, Cassandra. I hear the people who did it are doing a remake of Godzilla. Cool!

Posted by: Elise at October 21, 2013 03:11 PM

I'm glad you liked the movie, Cassandra.

I didn't just like it - I *loved* it! :)

Posted by: Cass at October 21, 2013 03:23 PM

:+)

Posted by: Elise at October 21, 2013 05:01 PM

I'll have to check it out myself. The premise hits all my campy geeky buttons just right (...and they got GlaDOS as the AI!), but that also means it can be done well or really-really badly.

On the rare occasions that I get two hours of free time after the kids go to bed "Ehhh, it was pretty decent movie" isn't enough to watch it.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at October 21, 2013 05:35 PM

That is One. Cool. Dad. in the video.

Posted by: MathMom at October 22, 2013 10:52 AM

He has a whole series of videos. I love the looks his wife gives him when he says, "JEN!!!".

Posted by: Cass at October 22, 2013 10:55 AM