« Oh For Pete's Sake | Main | Chill Wind Alert »

October 24, 2013

Pop Quiz!

"You are a Data Analyst"

"Your talent is to see relationships in what everyone else sees as chaos. What confuses and overwhelms your colleagues fascinates you until you can find how all the puzzle pieces fit together. Your beautiful mind would most enjoy being a data analyst."

To find out what kind of thinker you might be, take the test. And don't forget to post your results in the comments so we can all marvel at your *beautiful mind*, too.

Posted by DL Sly at October 24, 2013 02:39 PM

Comments

Another Data Analyst :p

Posted by: Cassandra at October 24, 2013 03:10 PM

*thud*

Really?
Coulda fooled me.

Posted by: Evil Twin at October 24, 2013 04:07 PM

Me too--I wonder if the test can come out any other way?

Posted by: CAPT Mongo at October 24, 2013 04:26 PM

Really?
Coulda fooled me.

Ppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttthhhhhhhh!!!

Posted by: Cassandra at October 24, 2013 04:33 PM

Data analyst here, too. Something funny about that test . . . .

Posted by: Texan99 at October 24, 2013 04:58 PM

That's what I thought. I tried every different combination I could come up with and came up with the same answers every time. So I figured I'd see if it was just me, or if a wide variety of minds such as y'all would prove me wrong.
Thanks!
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 24, 2013 05:04 PM

Well, I just retook it, picking the answer that was least like me, and got "Number Cruncher".

I suspect the real problem is too few questions.

Posted by: Lifelong Redskins Fan at October 24, 2013 05:08 PM

I got Number Cruncher twice (which is about as far from me as it is possible to be), and with a little effort finally became Barack Obama as described by Nancy Pelosi: A Visionary.

You scored 21 points.

You are a Visionary

You’re most interested in the big picture. While everyone else seems to know how to keep the car running or what the average miles per gallon is, you’re focused on making sure the car is going in the right direction. Where would they be without you? This is a big job, especially in a big data world. Make sure you’re ready; build your analytical skills now.

I think another way to describe this "visionary" is, "you are person who doesn't know where your gas cap is, and needs a handler to make sure you can find your way home."

Posted by: MathMom at October 24, 2013 07:23 PM

I suppose you'd get a different profile if you ran this test in the comments section of another blog.

Posted by: Texan99 at October 24, 2013 07:35 PM

11 points, Number Cruncher.
H*ll, I'm a retired submariner . . .

Posted by: CAPT Mike at October 24, 2013 10:08 PM

OK, finally! Some diversity!

Posted by: Texan99 at October 25, 2013 12:54 PM