« Doubling Down On Stupid | Main | Things That Make You Go Hmmmm..... »

October 23, 2013

Remember

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the Beirut bombing. An event that spurred MH to join with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children the following April two months before graduating from high school.
Many site have memorial posts about this day to include the ever-faithful Michelle Malkin. My favorite post, however, comes from out own Angel, MaryAnn, over at Soldier's Angels.
Please, read them both and remember.

Posted by DL Sly at October 23, 2013 03:49 PM

Comments

Yanno, I had totally forgotten (not the attack, just that today was the anniversary of the attack). Didn't see anything about it during my brief morning browsing.

Thank you for posting this, Sly.

Posted by: Cass at October 23, 2013 04:49 PM

I was more concerned about stepping on your toes. Sometimes you post five or six things a day, and I wasn't sure if you were working on this or not.
This day has a few mnemonics for me. It's the birthday of a friend as well as the day that inspired MH to his career as a Misguided Child -- with handcuffs!
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 23, 2013 04:56 PM

You don't ever have to worry about stepping on my toes, Sly.

I don't feel competitive about posting. I asked you to post because I need help, and when you ask for help you don't get to say when that help comes :)

Besides, I have felt incredibly guilty for a long time about not doing the Fallen posts. You can never go wrong with me by remembering. I don't know that it's an excuse, but I got to the point where I just couldn't afford to spend the day in tears. I could get away with that when I always worked at home and had more control over my schedule, but I'm so much more stressed now and have zero control. So I can't afford to be weepy if I need to deal with a client or put out a fire in my own (or someone else's) hair.

It's still worth doing. I just can't do it and meet my other obligations anymore.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 23, 2013 05:31 PM

It's not a competitive thing for me either. (I prefer to pick battles I at least have a chance of winning. 0>;~}) I'm just trying to avoid double posting on the same subject.

Posted by: DL Sly at October 23, 2013 10:35 PM

Thanks Sly, for the reminder.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at October 24, 2013 09:41 PM

No, Sir, thank you for your commitment to your country and her citizens.
0>;~}