« But.... MEN-AND-THEIR-BEASTLY-URGES! THE PATRIARCHY! RAPE CULTURE!!!! | Main | Coffee Snorters, Zero Tolerance Edition »

October 04, 2013

Well, They Said They Were Opening A Marketplace....

This kind of thing doesn't exactly fill one with confidence about the competence of the federal government to manage... well, anything:

uggs.png

A portion of the website of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) was apparently hacked as long as two months ago. SAMHSA is an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS also runs the new Obamacare insurance marketplace, Healthcare.gov.

Dozens of pages hawking retail merchandise have been uploaded to the SAMHSA site, ranging from NFL jerseys to Ugg shoes to Armani fragrances.

...All of the instances uncovered by this investigation are under the sub domain nace.samhsa.gov, which is the Native American Center for Excellence. The first breach discovered dates back to July 29 of this year, and the unauthorized pages are still on the site.

In September, a portion of NASA's website was hacked by a Brazilian group protesting reports of spying in that country by the National Security Agency.

Don't worry though. We're sure your confidential data is perfectly safe.

Posted by Cassandra at October 4, 2013 04:16 PM

Comments

GRAND OPENING OBAMEGA-BLOW-OUT!!!!
WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!

Be among the first 75 Million young, healthy, and gainfully employed Americans needed to successfully sign up for FREE HEALTH INSURANCE* from the Affordable Care Act and get a FREE OBAMA JERSEY!!!!**
LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!*** SIGN UP TODAY!!!

* Restrictions apply. Not all young, healthy, gainfully employed applicants will qualify for "free" health insurance. Actually, unless you're employed by Congress, forget it.

** One-size fits all(small).

*** Good while supplies and Senate majority lasts. First come, first fleeced.

Posted by: spd rdr at October 4, 2013 05:18 PM

So I don't have to worry about identity theft if I sign up for Obamacare? I just have to worry about receiving unwanted pairs of Uggs?

Posted by: Elise at October 4, 2013 06:09 PM

The difference, Elise, is that Uggs are actually a good product.
0>:~}

Posted by: DL Sly at October 4, 2013 06:53 PM

Thank God I don't have to use the exchanges. Yet. Employer sent an email out this past week saying our existing coverage meets the new minimum requirements under the "Affordable" Care Act and they will continue to offer it to employees and their dependents. Still have to wait for open enrollment to see how much it is going to cost in 2014, though.

Posted by: Miss Ladybug at October 4, 2013 11:30 PM

'unexpectedly'

Posted by: CAPT Mike at October 5, 2013 05:05 AM

Several times while listening to the news coverage as this year's events have unfolded, I've wondered about what my reaction would have been, had someone predicted all of this (or better yet, presented as satire).

I'm pretty sure I would have rejected it out of hand as both grossly exaggerated and unfair to the administration. That's kind of depressing when you stop to think about it :p

Posted by: Cass at October 5, 2013 10:42 AM

"I'm pretty sure I would have rejected it out of hand as both grossly exaggerated and unfair to the administration."

Oh how I love your optimism. Sadly, I have been unable to share in such with you as I recognized the Lord of the Lies and his minions for what they were before the 08 elections....and said as much in our private conversations. This is not an "I told you so" because I really wanted to be wrong, but I couldn't have guessed back then at the deeply ingrained hatred Xerxes holds for America and the citizens who love her.

Posted by: DL Sly at October 5, 2013 02:32 PM