« The Newest Danger Lurking In Our Midst | Main | Monday Verse »

December 02, 2013

Palate Cleanser

...for those of you who haven't seen it:

Sooooo.... what did y'all talk about at the table during Thanksgiving dinner?

Posted by Cassandra at December 2, 2013 06:36 AM

Comments

How good the food was.
Was there something *else* to talk about?
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at December 2, 2013 01:20 PM

It was a very sedate Thanksgiving for us. Like Sly, we talked about the food, and not much else. Everyone had the good sense to leave politics out of it.

I notice there are no men in that video. Does such a large family have none, or did she try to assemble just the women and children for this alleged "family picture" that was really a domestic propaganda operation?

Posted by: Grim at December 2, 2013 01:55 PM

I noticed the 'no women' thing too, but interpreted it much differently than you did, Grim.

According to the woman who took the video, the men were in the next room watching football, and she took the video to highlight the absurdity of the President asking his supporters to harangue their families on Thanksgiving day with a sales pitch for ObamaCare.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 2, 2013 02:07 PM

It sounds like what you are calling an "interpretation" is actually based on certain knowledge of the events, and not mere guesswork like mine. :)

Posted by: Grim at December 2, 2013 02:42 PM

Well, my original interpretation was to wonder where the heck all the men were, and to suspect (but not know) that the woman recording the video did it to make fun of the Dems.

It seemed highly unlikely that there were no men whatsoever at the dinner, so I assumed that what happens at pretty much every military event I've ever been too (the men cluster and the women/children cluster) was going on. About whether she was kidding or not, I had no idea.

After your comment, I went to the YouTube site to see if there was any more information, and there was in the comments.

So my original interpretation occurred two days ago when I first saw the video on BizPacReview and the knowledge was gained only after reading your comment and going looking for more info.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 2, 2013 03:16 PM

We had a nice discussion on the frangibility of winter squash subjected to ballistic and rotational stresses imparted by various mechanical apparatuses for the transportation of said squash of distances approaching 1 mile.

I.e. Punkin Chunkin.

And, I am said to say that yes, "frangible" actually was a word that was used. We are such nerds.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at December 3, 2013 11:00 AM

I am astounded at the presumptuousness of the Obama never ending campaign weanies to presume to issue 'directions' for their minions to actually try to hijack a primary family gathering to promote their agenda. Gotta wonder how many golems followed those directions, and how it played out.
Hubris.
Transparent, yet unaware, self mocking. This is a big step towards self destruction; they are already easy fodder for late night comics.

Best Regards,