« The Horror That Is Tax Inequality | Main | Important Foregrounding Alert! »

December 10, 2013

The Forecast Calls for Pain

Stay classy, Barack:

BbH0Q9GCYAA7S01.jpg-large

You can pretty much pick the accompanying Robert Cray tune.

Not a day goes by
That a man doesn't have to choose
Between what he wants
What he's afraid to lose

I can hear approaching thunder
I can feel chills run up my spine
I've seen love freeze before
And I know I'm on borrowed time

I can feel the thunder
I can see the lightning
I can feel the pain
Oh, it's gonna rain...

Any excuse for a music break.

Posted by Cassandra at December 10, 2013 03:47 PM

Comments

Barack: *Gently pats her back* Don't worry your pretty little head about such things. I'll take care of everything.

Michele: Is that so?

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at December 10, 2013 04:23 PM

When I saw him taking a selfie, I thought that was unbelievable. But then he had to go and one-up himself...

Posted by: Cass at December 10, 2013 05:08 PM

"Nonsense! We'd love to have you and your sister stay with us when you come to Washington! Your twins, right?"

Posted by: spd rdr at December 10, 2013 05:17 PM

Oops!
"Your twins, rite?"

Fixed.

Posted by: spd rdr at December 10, 2013 05:18 PM

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I feel so sorry for Michelle Obama.

She must get really tired of being the only grownup in her marriage.

Posted by: Cassandra at December 11, 2013 09:19 AM

Chazz Reinhold was right! Picking up women at funerals is so much easier at funerals than weddings.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at December 11, 2013 10:01 AM

I know what that look means. Why? Because I've been married for what will have been 40 years in a month, that's why.

Posted by: RonF at December 11, 2013 11:55 AM

You know, in over 3 decades of marriage I have never had cause - even once - to look at my husband like that.

For that matter, I have never given him cause to look at me that way either.

Michelle is taking a lot of heat for not being too happy with her husband, but for the life of me I can't understand why? He embarrassed the nation by clowning around during a state funeral, and he humiliated his wife by showing such obvious interest in another woman with his wife sitting right next to him. She would have been completely justified in being annoyed with him for the clowning around part, but the rest of it pushed the whole thing waaaaay over the top.

I can't imagine a man who would be happy about having his wife photographed in public acting like that with another man, so I'm a bit mystified at the suggestion (which I haven't seen here, by the way) that there's something objectionable in her reaction, or even something uniquely female.

My husband would be FURIOUS if I acted like that, and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Posted by: Cass at December 11, 2013 12:59 PM

Even before these pictures came out, just while the speech he was giving was going on, my mother kept saying, "I bet Michelle is rolling her eyes at him." My mother thought he was going on far too long, and of course he talked chiefly about himself (a surprising choice for a funeral oration).

Posted by: Grim at December 11, 2013 02:36 PM

"...and then the Pope says to the Rabbi: "Well, if you like your plan, you can keep your plan!"

Posted by: spd rdr at December 11, 2013 04:25 PM

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause' I speak of the pompetous of love

...I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a mid-night toker
I get my lovin' on the run

Posted by: Steve Miller's Bratty Little Sister at December 11, 2013 05:01 PM

That a woman that attractive at her age receives a lot of attention is not at all surprising; I'd add that being physically attractive is an advantage for most pols (I'll use the easy example of JFK.

That an American pol that has actually won at the highest level of the game is not a tad more self aware about how is very public actions may be perceived (or yes, misperceived) is *astounding!*

Appears to me both Hillary and Michelle made something of 'deal' w/ themselves about being willing to publicly support the guy they chose; would sure like to know the details . . . at least about Hillary, as she is herself a pol and seeks higher office.

Best Regards,