« Let The Judgement Begin | Main | 21st Century Advice for Parents of Boys »

January 21, 2014

All Kinds Of Kinds

Via BookwormRoom comes this video of an exceptional flash mob in Russia. The occasion being the marriage, and subsequent surprise, of a young couple by their friends. Bookworm offers it for enjoyment with some historical context for the video. I, however, loved it for one simple reason: the look of surprise on the bride's face as she realizes just exactly what her friends have done for them.

Plus, I love the song
Ok, that's two reasons. Cue the YouTube.
0>;~}

Update: OBloodyHell has shown up with his pencil in hand and pointed to another flash mob that I would not want missed. Not only is the music beautiful, but the kids, oh the kids....
Just watch:

Posted by DL Sly at January 21, 2014 05:10 PM

Comments

That was quite the production!

Posted by: Pogue at January 21, 2014 08:51 PM

I loved that! Completely restores my faith in humanity, at least for another 20 minutes.

Posted by: spd rdr at January 22, 2014 01:22 PM

These kids went to a LOT of trouble to set that up. And I've gotta love the old-school boom box too.

Posted by: RonF at January 23, 2014 11:54 AM

Pretty good.

As Flash Mobs go, these two are fun, too.

I noticed that Ode to Joy seems to be a popular piece for Orchestral Flash Mobs. No doubt because of the way the music lays instruments out works well with the flash-mob concept.
And it is, without a doubt, a gorgeous song.

And then there's this one. "Call Me Maybe", notable for how and where it takes place.

Posted by: OBloodyHell, I Brought My Penicillllll..... at January 23, 2014 02:33 PM

P.S., not that it has anything to do with Flash Mobs, but with Ode To Joy:

Joy, by Apollo 100, from 1972:

Posted by: OBloodyHell, I Brought My Penicillllll..... at January 23, 2014 02:44 PM

OK, my mistake... Joy was not based on Ode to Joy. I'd mistakenly remembered it as doing so.

*never mind*.
:-X

Posted by: OBloodyHell, I Brought My Penicillllll..... at January 23, 2014 02:48 PM

When I left active duty I had to swear (and sign in writing a promise) to never visit Russia, Cuba, North Korea or China. China wound up being taken off that list, and I went there 19 times for business. Interesting place.

I've looked across the Yalu river at North Korea, and have no desire to go there in person. Cuba may have the Caribbean Island vibe, but I've been to PR, VI, St Thomas & Bermuda . . . not an issue.

Don't want to see Russia in person, as it is mostly a very grim place. sad.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at January 23, 2014 09:13 PM

Yeah, the kids' reactions are fun. The two little kids, "dancing" to the music -- I think the kid on the lamppost is best, the "conductor" wave, then the hand-to-mouth in delight...

The guy (obviously knowledgeable about music) leaning in to his female companion and making "conductor" movements with his hand, obviously commenting on some aspect of the piece, to illustrate something to her...

I like several other crowd reactions, those come specifically to mind, though.

Posted by: OBloodyHell, I Brought My Penicillllll..... at January 25, 2014 06:05 AM

How many times have I heard that music? And yet it makes me burst into tears every time.

Posted by: Texan99 at January 27, 2014 01:16 PM