« Does Your Personality Explain Your Politics? | Main | Important "Fist Bump Disavowal" Alert! »

January 13, 2014

Let the Judgement Begin

Bridegazi! Oh wait, what am I thinkin'!? This is the caption contest thread...which is my not so subtle way of saying the innertubes ate my first draft post before I saved. Trust me, it wasn't much better than "Bridegazi!".
So, on to the judgement and old business:

Breaking the yellow tape at the finish line for the first (and hopefully not the last) time is our own Blog Princess for "[Boehner, to self] I'm less concerned about what he's wearing on his lapel than what's in his heart."

YAG claims possession of second place this week for "When asked about his expression, Boehner remarked that he was wondering if Obamacare covered rhetorically induced nausea."

Again, I'm afraid I've chosen a picture that didn't inspire enough comments to give an honest contest for third place. However, notice is taken (as well as a very large Huzzah) for htom's fashion sense: "Button-down collar, with a suit? Are there not Fashion Police to prevent such things from happening?".
0>;~}

Now, on to new business!

Shillary VII.png

It seems the stage is being set for the next "heir apparent" to the Emperor's *New Clothes*. Personally, I'd prefer she stick with the pantsuits.
Anyway, have at her..errr, it, peoples.
May the Farce be with you.
0>;~}

Posted by DL Sly at January 13, 2014 02:08 AM

Comments

You like me! You really LIKE me!!! :)

[sob!]

Seriously, thanks :)

Posted by: Cass at January 13, 2014 08:21 AM

[Hillary, channeling Kaa in the Jungle Book]

"Trussssssssssst in meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
Jussssssssssssssst in meeeeeeeeeeeee
Close your eyes
Trust in me.
[Hold still, please]"

Posted by: Cass at January 13, 2014 08:26 AM

"There! That mustache should keep you safe around Bill."

Posted by: spd rdr at January 13, 2014 09:53 AM

Dang ...

I hate it when spd shows up and blows me out of the water like that. I blame the NAVY :p

Posted by: Cass at January 13, 2014 11:01 AM

"Dang..."

Oh, I don't know about that...I got a pretty big belly laugh reading both entries first thing this morning.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at January 13, 2014 03:14 PM

I was trying to think of something having to do with the pen, but my mind just failed me.

Fortunately, mr rdr stepped up to the plate :p

Posted by: Cass at January 13, 2014 05:13 PM

"Don't you dare tell me that you can't see my new suit and scarf!"

Posted by: htom at January 13, 2014 09:27 PM

"Here, let me autograph that baseball. I once played for the Yankees, or I would have if they would have given me that minor league contract."

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at January 13, 2014 10:00 PM

I expect this will be funny (and possibly intelligible) only to me, but every time I look at that photo, I'm reminded of a running joke from when my boys were small.

They would do something punkitudinous and I would squint at them hard as a warning, saying "SNAKE EYES!"

The retort was for them to open their eyes as widely as possible and yell, "MONGOOSE EYES!!!" (mongoose eyes trump snake eyes every time)

I have no idea where that came from (possibly the Jungle Book, a favorite bedtime read at the time), but they loved it :p It was a humorous way to let them know they'd be in trouble if they didn't knock something off and it worked a surprising amount of the time.

Posted by: Cass at January 14, 2014 07:18 AM

Posted by: Cass at January 14, 2014 07:23 AM

"Wait! What did you mean by "Thanks for the signed confession?"

Posted by: spd rdr at January 14, 2014 03:51 PM

[channeling AFE]

"Thank you for sharing opinion on this subject, Tovarich NoGoodnik. The DNC fines you one day's beet ration for your shameful lack of progressive ardor."

Posted by: Cassandra at January 16, 2014 06:24 PM

You make crazy eyes like this and say... "what difference does it make?" Scares the bejeezus out of the nimrods.

Posted by: George Pal at January 17, 2014 12:18 PM

Heh :) I like that one.

Posted by: Cassandra at January 17, 2014 01:01 PM

Well said George. Was shocked her committee performance wasn't immediately mocked for bad acting.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at January 17, 2014 07:43 PM

"Hey, wanna see my Nancy Pelosi imitation?"

Posted by: frequent flyer at January 19, 2014 12:14 PM