« File Under "Dept. of Unnoticed Mooses Elephants" | Main | Let The Judgement Begin »

February 03, 2014

Return of Rob. Frost's Bratty Little Sister

Watching the snow swirl outside the window of her home office today, the Blog Princess was reminded of this blast from the past:

Whose job is this? I think I know.
My aching back is screaming, though;
As abs not flexed for many a year
Are tortured by the mounting snow.

The frozen tundra's almost clear
As through the drifting flakes I peer
I'm tempted to postpone the rest
To step inside, and have a beer.

My mighty shovel does its best
To carve neat swaths at my behest
But buried decks and frozen stairs
Begin to seem a hopeless quest.

The snow is lovely, silent, deep.
It drifts in mountains, chill and steep
My weiner dog's ass-deep in snow
I wish he'd hurry up and go.
I wish he'd hurry up and go.

Hopefully the Princess has not already re-posted this. Still applies.

Posted by Cassandra at February 3, 2014 05:16 PM

Comments

My neighbor lent my wife his snowblower the other morning after five inches had fallen.

I was eating breakfast, and was about to come out to shovel. Neat trick. She looks so little and pathetic out there in the snow.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at February 3, 2014 05:31 PM

She looks so little and pathetic out there in the snow.

WHAP WHAP WHAP WHAP WHAP!!!! :)

The last time it snowed, the Spousal Unit left for work at 5 am (just as it was starting to snow). By the time he got home at noon I had shoveled the walk and driveway 3 times because I was afraid he wouldn't be able to get the car up the driveway. I had just come down with some bug from you-know-where and I was dying out there. No energy whatsoever and coughing like a madwoman.

So when it started snowing this morning and he was getting ready to drive in to work anyway, I said, "I see how you are. Oh yes, I see..." :p

Fortunately, his office was on a 2 hour delay.

Posted by: Pachysandra at February 3, 2014 05:41 PM

Snow huh? That's that stuff sorta like frozen rain, right? Well I looked all over this tiny lil island of Key West and could find nary a flake.
Go figure.

P.S. Your blog is officially blocked on the NMCI NAVFAC-SE portal. I don't really know why. It's been blocked for a few months, but it hasn't always been.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at February 3, 2014 07:07 PM

I wonder, should we be happy or sad about that?
hmmmm....

Posted by: Evil Twin at February 4, 2014 01:35 PM

It's your server certificate. Apparently it's not current.
Thus spake my Blackberry.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at February 4, 2014 04:55 PM

Sno-ku

Bury me in white
Disappear the brown stained earth
Hushed now, numb, my feet

Snookie-ku

If it's, like, a smush,
you gotta put lotion on
your butt. I can't count.

Posted by: spd rdr at February 4, 2014 05:51 PM

NMCI hates
My server certificate?
No justice! no peace!

Alan Greenspan's ass
Can't compete with Snookie's butt
I'm Googling "smush" now.

Posted by: Cassandra at February 4, 2014 08:15 PM

And people wondered why I put up a comic about haiku a while ago....
heh

You guys forgot the refrigerator.
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at February 4, 2014 10:26 PM

I distinctly recall my very first truly cold winter, at Great Lakes Naval Training Station in North Chicago in late 1978. IIRC it stayed below freezing that entire December.
Was really bad on 'watch,' or walking around.
OTH, we could toss a room temp (very cheap) bottle of Miller out the barracks window (literally, just toss it out the window; snow cushioned the fall) w/ a string tied onto it.
. . . 15 minutes later, reel it in and pour out a slush ice cold beer.

Best Regards,