« Hairy Oppressors from Hell... | Main | When You've Lost the ACLU.... »

February 06, 2014

Saul Alinsky Was Unavailable for Comment

As you do to others, so you will be done by:

The union that represents low-ranking Department of Labor (DOL) employees alleged racial hiring discrimination and discrimination of people with disabilities in an internal assessment being presented to DOL Secretary Thomas Perez Thursday.

The document, obtained by The Daily Caller, alleges that DOL is making a conscious effort to deny claims of discrimination among many other complaints including “abysmal” training procedures and “subjective performance appraisals” that promote “cultural norms” and “less diverse” college-educated employees over experienced non-college-educated veterans.

Our favorite complaint:

Hiring discrimination against black males, black females and Hispanic females:

“The statistics from our own Civil Rights Center reflect the discrimination in hiring, promotions, and removals at the Department of Labor. What is more frustrating than these statistics are the other statistics that show that when EEO claims are filed, discrimination is rarely, if ever, found to have occurred.

“There were a total of 22 removals from DOL, of which 12 (54.5%) were women and 10 (45.5%) were minorities. The percentages of removal actions taken against black males, black females and Hispanic females were higher than their respective representation in the DOL workforce. Black males accounted for 13.64% (3 individuals) of the removals, black females accounted for 22.7% (5 individuals) of the removals, and Hispanic females accounted for 9.09% (2 individuals) of the removals, compared to their DOL workforce representation rates of 6.54%, 15.99% and 4.4%, respectively.”

Yikes! Let's hope the EEO folks don't find out about the White House wage gap:

Paycheck Fairness: The president who repeated the feminist "77 cents" myth and touted equal pay for equal work in the State of the Union hasn't practiced what he preaches with the women he employs.

The feminist heroine that prompted the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act might be surprised to learn of the Obama White House's war on women, paying its female staffers only 87 cents on the dollar compared with their male counterparts.

We are shocked... SHOCKED to find this administration winking at blatant pay discrimination!!!11!

In his State of the Union address last week, President Barack Obama applauded the success story of Mary Barra, 52, the new chief executive of General Motors (GM) who sat with First Lady Michelle Obama. Barra became the first female CEO of the global automaker after a 33-year career at GM.

The White House said in a statement that State of the Union guests like Barra who "have been invited to sit with the First Lady represent the stories of millions of Americans across the country, who are working hard to better their communities, improve their own economic outcomes and help restore opportunity for all."

Trouble is, Barra is not even getting 77%, but less than half, 48%, of the pay of GM's outgoing male CEO who had no prior experience running a car company.

It's almost as though these folks don't really mean what they say.

Posted by Cassandra at February 6, 2014 07:28 AM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:


"It's almost as though these folks don't really mean what they say."

"These are not the words you're looking for.
Move along.
Move along."

Posted by: DL Sly at February 6, 2014 12:56 PM

So let me see if I have this straight: 100% of the people fired from DOL were women and minorities. Minorities make up only 27% of those employed at DOL, but 32% of those fired by DOL, meaning that the remaining 68% of those fired were non-minority females.

So what does DOL have against men, anyway?

Posted by: spd rdr at February 6, 2014 05:30 PM

They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

65 percent of all the world's statistics are made up right there on the spot
82.4 percent of people believe 'em, whether they're accurate statistics or not
I don't know what you believe, but I do know there's no doubt
I need another double shot of something 90 proof
I got too much to think about

Too much to think about
Too much to figure out
Stuck between hope and doubt
It's too much to think about


Still a classic :)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 6, 2014 06:08 PM