« Caption Contest | Main | "Proof" of Hypergamy? »

March 05, 2014

Blogging

The Dorkitorial Staff will be back eventually. Over the weekend, we learned a valuable lesson: Grandma needs to stay off the trampoline no matter how politely the oldest GrandPunk asks, or how fun it looks.

Posted by Cassandra at March 5, 2014 06:34 AM

Comments

Nothing broken, I trust?

Posted by: MikeD at March 5, 2014 08:24 AM

WE WANT THE VIDEO!
WE WANT THE VIDEO!
WE WANT THE VIDEO!

Posted by: spd rdr at March 5, 2014 12:27 PM

Pppppphhhhhtttthhhh :)

I was actually quite impressed with my bouncing skills until all of a sudden, things went tragically wrong. NO DOUBLE BOUNCING!

Just got back from the ortho, Mike. ACL/meniscus.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 5, 2014 12:51 PM

Uh oh. ACL/meniscus ain't funny. That may keep you sidelined for the rest of Spring Training.

Posted by: spd rdr at March 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Torn or sprained?

Posted by: DL Sly at March 5, 2014 02:12 PM

Walk it off! Need you posts, and the lapses are long enough now. (Love you no shit though.)

Posted by: Glenn555 at March 5, 2014 02:36 PM

Torn or sprained?

Torn, durnitall :p

Posted by: Cassandra at March 5, 2014 03:35 PM

I should be back this evening or early tomorrow, Glenn :)

Two weekends of air travel and the unexpected knee thing just slowed me down a bit. Sorry!

Posted by: Cassandra at March 5, 2014 03:38 PM

Ouch! Very sorry to hear it. Praying for a swift recovery.

Posted by: MikeD at March 5, 2014 03:51 PM

Well, you'll know I mean it when I say I truly empathize.
Want some crutches? I got all sizes....
heh
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 5, 2014 03:56 PM

This is a new one on me. When I broke my ankle and collarbone 2 years ago, I walked home (about a mile) and never really did need crutches.

This time I made it through 2 hours without a knee brace and by morning I needed crutches b/c I couldn't walk (much less drag two suitcases).

Flying home was fun...

Not :p

Posted by: Cassandra at March 5, 2014 04:43 PM

"NO DOUBLE BOUNCING!"

Well, unless you had them puppies strapped down tight, I'm pretty sure you were doing that from the get-go. What I'm trying to figure out is how that translates into a torn acl...cause, face it, chica, I've met ya and, well, unless you've gone Dolly Parton in more ways than the blonde wig and failed to tell me about it....
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at March 5, 2014 06:39 PM

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Posted by: CAPT Mike at March 5, 2014 07:12 PM

Oh, ouch! I had a bad fall a year ago that ended up only being a bad sprain; my knee is aching in sympathy. Healing prayers and get well wishes, Cassandra.

Posted by: htom at March 5, 2014 08:07 PM

I was going to bet on broken, myself, knowing how enthusiastic you always are. :)

Posted by: Grim at March 5, 2014 09:30 PM

Double bounces are treacherous, if memory serve (it's been decades since I had to deal with one). Your legs are expecting a certain yielding quality and instead get a hard sudden upward bounce, as if someone were playing around with the antigravity dial. I'm not at all surprised that you could blow out a knee.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 6, 2014 10:18 AM

That's pretty much what happened :p

Notice that I am ignoring Sly's double bouncing double entendre...

*flouncing away*

Posted by: Cassandra at March 6, 2014 12:14 PM

Careful, flouncing on crutches has been known to be dangerous to Dorkitorial Staffs what doesn't have the proficiency points to perform the perfect prance.
You might tear an acl or be made the subject of a caption contest entry or.....
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 6, 2014 12:45 PM

My wife just tore her ACL skiing. MRI showed that it still had 65% function, so no surgery indicated at this point. Our son, who is still active duty Marines, tore his and had to have it replaced. He said that it took over a year to return to full functionality.

Posted by: Rex at March 6, 2014 07:40 PM

I'm still waiting on the MRI.

Hope your wife recovers swiftly!

Posted by: Cassandra at March 7, 2014 07:18 AM