« Kleenex Alert | Main | Let The Judgement Begin »

March 08, 2014

How Embarrassing....

Which Mythical Creature Are You?

You got: Unicorn

You magical, perfect creature! You have a pure heart and you always see the best in people. You value the simple pleasures in life, and you’re an eternal optimist. You’re protective of those close to you, but you avoid conflict at all costs. You do best in small crowds and one-on-one situations, and when you trust someone, you trust them entirely.

We're not sure we avoid conflict at all costs, but we certainly don't enjoy it.

At work, the Editorial Staff are usually quite outspoken - probably more so than anyone else. Perhaps we are this kind of unicorn:

armored unicorn.jpg

Or this:

unicorn_cat.jpg

Don't ask why we had these graphics on our desktop. It's hard to explain...

Posted by Cassandra at March 8, 2014 09:48 AM

Comments

What in tarnation is a merperson? Mythologically extinct wooly narwhal? Gender questioning merman? Salty sea sprite?

Can’t say I care for any of the implications.

Posted by: George Pal at March 8, 2014 10:27 AM

George, I shall always think of you as a salty sea sprite :p

FWIW, can't say unicorns have ever appealed to me. I read an article the other day about hiring unicorn employees (what we used to call, all around players or versatile people).

Too funny!

Posted by: Cassandra at March 8, 2014 10:32 AM

I would have thought a "unicorn" employee was someone with a wild talent, but almost impossibly difficult to integrate into a team. Someone who shows up unpredictably and confers magic solutions, then darts back into the woods. (In other words, definitely not our Cassandra!)

I'm an elf, apparently someone who gets involved only reluctantly if the personal cost isn't too high.

Posted by: Texan99 at March 8, 2014 11:00 AM

I be Elf. I always thought they were kinda lame but the description fits me pretty well. And I DO like bows n' arrys.
The Elf Prince in Hellboy II was wicked cool. The Hellboi Crue had to cheat to in order to beat him.

Posted by: Joatmoaf at March 8, 2014 11:17 AM

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!

Seriously, man! Leggome!

Posted by: spd rdr at March 8, 2014 11:38 AM

Cass,

Just by way of facilitating my inclination to introspection, have you any pictures on your desktop of a salty sea sprite?

Posted by: George Pal at March 8, 2014 02:21 PM

I'm a phoenix.

I'm on FIRE!!!

And I want some more cow bell.

Posted by: Don Brouhaha at March 8, 2014 07:00 PM

"You got: Centaur

You’re a creature of two worlds. You enjoy the luxury of human comfort, but you your true home is in the woods. You’re active and good in groups, and have little patience for people who disagree with your opinions. You know how to put yourself on the winning side of any situation, and you have no problem with subtly manipulating situations to your advantage, which makes you a powerful ally."

Test fail.

Human luxury and lives in the woods, active, yes, but from then on it's talking someone other than me. The centaur description is correct, it's just not me!

Posted by: htom at March 8, 2014 11:47 PM

Mongo the Phoenix

Posted by: CAPT Mongo at March 9, 2014 09:32 AM

Hmmm, elf. I s'pose I can go with that. Where do I go to get my pointy ears?

"Don't ask why we had these graphics on our desktop. It's hard to explain..."

Really? You seriously expect me to just let it go at that?
HA!
Spill it, chica. Or I'll set your inbox on fire.
bwwaahaahaaahaaaaaaa......
0>;~}

Posted by: DL Sly at March 9, 2014 02:49 PM

Phoenix: You fiery inferno of awesome. You’re associated with hope, immortality, and regeneration. You’re essentially immortal, so you’re an old soul, and a pro at deflecting drama without causing more conflict. You prefer observation to action, and you’re an excellent judge of character. You’re quiet by nature, but when it comes to a fight, you’re a fierce adversary.
> close enough.

Howdy Don,
Sooo . . . you want more cowbell; eh?
Get one of your own and knock yourself out.
The object of your quest has always been in your grasp.

Best Regards,

Posted by: CAPT Mike at March 9, 2014 11:32 PM

Tried it again. Same deal.

You got: Dragon

You inspire fear and awe, and you’re fiercely protective of the people and possessions you cherish. You’re a creature of comfort, you enjoy living luxuriously, but you’re by no means lazy. If provoked, you’re a fearsome enemy, but you’re not easily angered. You enjoy time to yourself, but you also require intellectual stimulation, because behind all that raw power, you’re also sharp as a tack.

Posted by: Grim at March 10, 2014 01:01 AM

I took it again (picking all the same responses except for choosing a different book) and got "Elf". Too funny.

Posted by: Cassandra at March 10, 2014 10:29 AM

Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.

Posted by: Terry Pratchett at March 10, 2014 11:01 AM

The Alfar aren't bad. They are, however, very different.

Posted by: Grim at March 10, 2014 12:23 PM

"No one ever said elves are nice."

Now I know I'm ok with it...where are my pointy ears, dammit!
0>:~}