« Get Thee From Me, Carr's Ginger Lemon Cremes! | Main | The Supposed Boy Crisis in Education »

April 30, 2014

A Paint Job Even I Can Afford!

This dropped into my Inbox, and, unlike the last little ditty to drop into my Inbox, this one is real.

The $383.00 Paint Job
49 'Lincoln' Cadillac.jpg

49 Cadillac,Completely Covered With 38,295 Pennies!
Pennies Were Adhered One By One Using Silicone,
They Added Over 200 Pounds To The Weight,
The Entire Project Took 6 weeks,
Pennies are American and include 1817 ''Big Cent'',
Two Error Pennies And Four 1943 Steel Pennies

Although, I think it'll take a few more "Lincoln's" to cover my Durango, that's a paint job even I can afford.

Posted by DL Sly at April 30, 2014 10:05 AM

Comments

Shenanigans! That price doesn't include the cost of adhesive!

Posted by: MikeD at April 30, 2014 04:39 PM

Show me a man who has a $383 "paint job" I'll show you a (pretty cool) dude with too much time on his hands.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at April 30, 2014 05:23 PM

I'm thinkin' he's a retired dude, ergo plenty of time on his hands, and most likely the type who has many jars full of pennies, dimes and other assundry coins stashed in other places around his house as well. Although my initial searches didn't turn up much more than what you see on the search page I linked. A smattering about the car, not much about the owner.
I just liked the way it looked.
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at April 30, 2014 05:37 PM

I can't tell from the picture, but I wonder if he took the time to bend some of the pennies so they would better fit the creases and curves of the car.

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 1, 2014 08:44 AM

That "old retired dude" is a chick,, Sly. No self-respecting old retired guy would purposefully lard up a 6,000 pund vehicle further by adding an extra two hundred pounds of pennies - unless he was on the way to fill the gas tank. (And yes, he's sure to be the guy right in front of you at the checkout... counting... slowly...)
Of course, while pasting pennies on a '49 Caddy is plainly a hate crime, it's nevertheless a hell of a lot better than some other ways that chicks have been known to customize cars. :-)

Posted by: spd rdr at May 1, 2014 09:02 AM

But... but.... *spd*....

It looks pretty with pennies all over it!

(full disclosure, the spousal unit has historically been underwhelmed by the obvious and compelling logic of this argument).

Posted by: Cassandra at May 1, 2014 09:22 AM

We really should talk about cars more often. I mean, what's cooler than cars? Ok, boats are pretty cool, too. And motorcycles. And planes and jets and helicopters. And guns. So we really should talks about cars, boats, motorcycles, planes, jets, helicopters and guns more often. And maybe guitars, too.

And... that's all I got. For now.

Posted by: spd rdr at May 1, 2014 10:19 AM

Jetpacks, space ships, tanks...

Posted by: MikeD at May 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Gentlemen (and ladies) - as you know, I'm having trouble posting every day due to physical therapy and constantly increasing work responsibilities.

I start work early most mornings, and that leaves no time for reading (or posting).

Posted by: Cassandra at May 1, 2014 10:38 AM

Dear Cass, hopefully you know we are just teasing. Your health and well-being are far more important to us. Take your time, recover well, and come back healthy and whole. THEN we will berate you for content. :P

Posted by: MikeD at May 1, 2014 11:06 AM

"I would LOVE to have more of that kind of content and that would relieve the burden on the Dark One, who has been pretty much the only person keeping this site going of late."

Tis not a burden, my friend. Quite frankly, I'm always surprised that anyone else likes what I'm putting up. But, hey, if it ain't broke, yanno....

spd, thanks for finding out who did the car. And I'm glad you put the no "self-respecting" qualifier in there...
*snort*
0>;~]

Posted by: DL Sly at May 1, 2014 12:05 PM

I'll echo Mike. I highly doubt any of those suggestions were meant to be serious.

As evidence: when has spd *ever* been serious? :-)

And Sly, you're surprised that everyone around here is weird? Really?

Posted by: Yu-Ain Gonnano at May 1, 2014 01:04 PM

"As evidence: when has spd *ever* been serious? :-)"

When he's talking about that red seat in Fenway.
0>;~}

"And Sly, you're surprised that everyone around here is weird?"

My kind of weird? Yes, always. But appreciative as hell as it helps out the Princess when *Life* takes over.
0>;~]